GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Motor Trend Magazine
April 2021; Page 21

The C8 Corvette's somewhat fussy styling was already locked and loaded with Michael Simcoe took over as GM design chief. But sources in Detroit say the midcycle redesign Simcoe had originally planned for 2025 has now been put on the back burner as GM pours money into its electric vehicle program.

However, insiders say an interior redesign aimed at, among other things, fixing the confusing array of buttons and switches cascading down the buttress on the right side of the center console has survived the bean counters. The redesigned interior will reportedly appear on 2023 C8s.

·
Premium Member
8,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
What is it about GM interior designs in all new vehicles?

The Corvette can use (just) a little help, and I can not wait to see the 2022 Silverado refresh in a few weeks.

Let's hope for the best.

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
11,720 Posts
I'm sort of glad the buttress is getting a redo, and I like these teaser ads. They show the shadowed vehicle figures at the end of each and there is what looks like a coupe in there with the SUV and truck. :)

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Was hoping they do something about the back of the C8...not a huge fan of the ass end of it especially that terrible rear spoiler but getting rid of the giant ****block in the middle is a good start.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I like the new Vette interior. I didn't realize is was considered to be so bad....
It wasn't bad. This is just stupid media who can't drive a car with buttons more than 3. I read the C8 forums, most owners find them very user-friendly and intuitive. I really like it and I hope that they do not make it worse.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
It wasn't bad. This is just stupid media who can't drive a car with buttons more than 3. I read the C8 forums, most owners find them very user-friendly and intuitive. I really like it and I hope that they do not make it worse.
When you have a bunch of Ninny babies posing as adult "journalists" this type of shenanigans always happens.

·
Premium Member
33,328 Posts
ette interior. I didn't realize is was considered
Same here, I am surprised that people do not like the C8 Interior, plus its not like the C8 looks bad but, a design always does need refreshing to keep it exciting.
Seems like mother Barrah is forgetting who butters her bread.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I treat this piece of info as a joke. They better listen to those who complain about lack of manual tranny or improve interiors of low-end chevy models. I prefer to have more buttons if they are located ergonomically. My Mustang has more buttons than other cars I own and I don't have to think how to use them as much as I have to in either Volvo or Mercedes. Still not enough of them for me, I wish I could switch the screen off using one button instead of doing it in screen's menu.

Same here, I am surprised that people do not like the C8 interior
I watched all possible C8 reviews on YT and maybe 2 persons complained about the claustrophobic piece separating passenger from the driver. No other complaints, C8 is a masterpiece. Acura better discount the NSX even more than they've been doing lately.

·
Registered
16,969 Posts
My only thought is maybe the layout looks good, hence me liking it, but actual owners find it difficult to use????

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
What is it about GM interior designs in all new vehicles?

The Corvette can use (just) a little help, and I can not wait to see the 2022 Silverado refresh in a few weeks.

Let's hope for the best.
Has this timeframe been confirmed? Or are you just speculating?

I agree that the trucks should be a higher priority right now.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
11,720 Posts
My only thought is maybe the layout looks good, hence me liking it, but actual owners find it difficult to use????
It might be something like that. I'm wondering if maybe the way everything is all in a row across that buttress that things are not in a normal or common configuration like we're used to in a normal center stack,(taking focus away from driving even more so) and that is an issue of confusion with people, and thus they get dinged with a demerit.

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
I've always thought that the new row of buttons down the "buttress" or whatever it's called looked a little awkward. Like they were trying too hard to be different. A redesign of this area would definitely be an improvement IMHO.

Also, the shift buttons need to be replaced with something better. On all of GM vehicles. They look dumb and take up too much room. A simple dial would be better IMHO.

Reactions: 1958carnut
1 - 20 of 32 Posts