GM Inside News Forum banner
161 - 178 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
6,140 Posts
Chevelle was a full line at one time, including wagons!
You can add in the Monte Carlo and El Camino. They didn't carry the Chevelle name, but they were Chevelle-based.

And if you want to add in all the Pontiac, Oldsmobile, and Buick variants, they were making a LOT of cars off that platform.

·
Registered
6,140 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
GM is in a fast decline......NO QUESTION!!!!!!! Sure, there are some of you diehards out there, but the exciting cars are long gone!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
GM is in a fast decline......NO QUESTION!!!!!!! Sure, there are some of you diehards out there, but the exciting cars are long gone!!!!!!!
I find the new CT4-V & CT5-V Blackwing's exciting, especially with a stick. You don't? What do you drive?

·
Registered
44,282 Posts

I wouldn't call it a "fast decline."

But I would say that GM is making less and less exciting cars, with only a few exceptions. Like... 3 exceptions.
Great we have CT4/5-V Blackwing. That's fine.

But nearly 20 years after the first V's debuted, we still don't have an Cadillac CUV V's.
That's more than enough time to figure out how to properly do a performance CUV. Everyone else has figured it out. But the reason why is because the Cadillac CUVs as they are, aren't geared to do that. They were built on the cheap and are filler products. We never got an Alpha CUV. We never got an Omega CUV like were were supposed to. So we never got the "exciting" CUVs that should be in the Cadillac lineup.

I don't know why Chevy doesn't have a hatch or hot hatch. Could be limited market in the US? But Hyundai is proving that wrong with Ioniq. It's building steam. With a car like that, Chevy could make solid inroads outside of the US too.

There are a lot of possibilities and large gaps in GM's product lineup.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
^^^I get what you're saying and I don't fully disagree but... to me, a "performance CUV" is an oxymoron.

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
It's "Appliance City" baby!, from this point on!.

Sure we'll have a few "interesting" options at a cost,but those fun GM days of odd,strange and wonderful models are long gone.

I know that there is nothing from gm I want these days...not even the Vette and I find myself shocked that I don't....

·
Registered
5,366 Posts
It's "Appliance City" baby!, from this point on!.

Sure we'll have a few "interesting" options at a cost,but those fun GM days of odd,strange and wonderful models are long gone.

I know that there is nothing from gm I want these days...not even the Vette and I find myself shocked that I don't....
What's really going to be fun is watching everyone perform mental gymnastics justifying their hate for Toyota because they made appliance cars while excusing GM for doing the same.

·
Registered
9,045 Posts
If you drive a car, I'll tax the street.
If you try to sit, I'll tax your seat.
If you get too cold, I'll tax the heat.
If you take a walk, I'll tax your feet.
Ronald Reagan said it best.

“Government’s view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases:
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”

·
Registered
5,366 Posts
They're quite expensive. GM also offers The Corvette and Camaro. But I need a back seat.

I have predominately bought performance cars for decades. Now I got nothing.
You only really have maybe 3 options:
1. Keep your SS
2. Dodge Charger
3. Kia Stinger GT

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
You only really have maybe 3 options:
1. Keep your SS
2. Dodge Charger
3. Kia Stinger GT
They're quite expensive. GM also offers The Corvette and Camaro. But I need a back seat.

I have predominately bought performance cars for decades. Now I got nothing.
I think Captain got rid of his SS. But if not the best option would be:
1. Sell SS for $40-$50K in this insane market of "Make SS's expensive again"
2. Place cash in interest bearing or low risk investment and wait 3 years
3. Buy CT5 Blackwing for $70k in MY24-25 when demand has fallen off a cliff and cash is piled on hood by GM

4. Sell Blackwing in 2035 for $500k when only 'lektriks are allowed to be sold new by central planners.

I really should pursue this path.

·
Registered
5,366 Posts
3. Buy CT5 Blackwing for $70k in MY24-25 when demand has fallen off a cliff and cash is piled on hood by GM

4. Sell Blackwing in 2035 for $500k when only 'lektriks are allowed to be sold new by central planners.

hahahhahaha, I like how you think.

I've been keeping a close eye on Magnum SRT values, we're ticking up too...I've got about 65k on the odometer and from the 8 for sale in the country on cargurus, there's one with comparable mileage going for $26k...not bad considering I paid 28 for it about 13 years ago...problem is that I don't think I'll ever sell...its my final relic from my single days.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts

I'm considering a similar path to a CT4-V BW using my low mile 2017 RS Camaro V6 6spd as the catalyst.

·
Registered
6,140 Posts
Yeah, SS is gone. I made out well when I sold it, but I wish I still had it. I traded it for a Colorado, which at least has some utility, but it's just a "that'll do".

If I had to choose from GM's offering, I like the CT4V best. It has a back seat, looks a lot better than the 5, and costs less. But still too pricey for me.

161 - 178 of 178 Posts