GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 178 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If accurate, no surprises here.

Now, how can we put a manual transmission in an electric performance sedan???

·
Premium Member
8,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Question:

Anyone have a name for the proposed 2025 Chevrolet Electric Performance Sedan?

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
Question:

That list shows an electric performance CROSSOVER, and (separately) an electric sedan.
Are they just reading into the list what they WANT to be there? (I know I want it!)

·
Registered
18,616 Posts
Question:

To me, no reason to change the Camaro name. And no need for an "e" (as in eCamaro) or anything signifying it's electric propulsion, electrics will be on their way to mainstream at that point so they can drop the cutesy "e" names.

My only thought otherwise is if they are taking a complete departure from historical Camaro styling cues, then perhaps a new name will be called for. I'd be fine with a complete departure.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
If accurate, no surprises here.

Now, how can we put a manual transmission in an electric performance sedan???

Jeep Magneto: An EV with a Manual Transmission

The Magneto has a 6-speed manual transmission, with a clutch pedal necessary to switch between the gears (though you can start the vehicle without touching it). It uses the Jeep Wrangler Rubicon’s transfer case to give the driver ultra-low gearing options for off-road driving.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
To me, no reason to change the Camaro name. And no need for an "e" (as in eCamaro) or anything signifying it's electric propulsion, electrics will be on their way to mainstream at that point so they can drop the cutesy "e" names.

My only thought otherwise is if they are taking a complete departure from historical Camaro styling cues, then perhaps a new name will be called for. I'd be fine with a complete departure.
Camero, Camaroe, Camarowe..... :unsure: :)

·
Registered
143 Posts
This is so easy, they can have a range of different EV sedans, each with a sporty coupe counterpart: Impala/Monte Carlo (full-size), Malibu/Chevelle (midsize), Monza/Camaro (compact).

·
Registered
Current ride: 2015 Sonic sedan 1.8L/5sp
2,318 Posts

Like I care what it's NAME would be. I only care WHAT it would be. And an "electric performance sedan" works for me. Maybe even a coupe.
Is it possible they will have a two-door Camaro coupe AND a four-door performance sedan?? Like the old days?

Agree, just call it "Camaro" not "Camaro E" or something.

Very interested in these developments. More and more I'm thinking of just keeping my Sonic as a stick-shift relic for fun on the weekends, buy an EV as a daily at some point.

·
Registered
5,285 Posts
I don't agree w/ the move...shocker right? Why not introduce the EV Camaro as a Camaro before Ford Electrifies the "core" Mustang?

And I guess the Malibu is supposed to soldier on to '25 because of the rental market? By 2023, it's going to be begging for a mercy kill:

·
Registered
2014 BMW 320i; 2015 Chevy Spark EV (wife's car)
3,876 Posts
And I guess the Malibu is supposed to soldier on to '25 because of the rental market? By 2023, it's going to be begging for a mercy kill:
2023? Malibu is begging to be killed right now!

·
Registered
18,616 Posts
Is it possible they will have a two-door Camaro coupe AND a four-door performance sedan?? Like the old days?

Agree, just call it "Camaro" not "Camaro E" or something.

Very interested in these developments. More and more I'm thinking of just keeping my Sonic as a stick-shift relic for fun on the weekends, buy an EV as a daily at some point.
That will be cool if they do a coupe and sedan. I feel like BEV and the modular way the platform is built will open up more opportunity for different configurations - though just a guess. No more need for high cost low volume engines, just add more battery pouches and engineer enough room for multiple electric motors and you are good to go.

1 - 20 of 178 Posts