GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey new to the board, lots of good info, my question is has anyone replaced their instrument cluster on an 02 envoy slt, mine has a nasty cigarette burn on the front of it, i bought one off ebay from a salvage one that the guy said worked an had about the same amount of miles on, how hard is it to install? would onstar matter?thanks

·
Registered
922 Posts
Just wanna make sure what your talking about... to me the instrument cluster is where all the gauges are housed, and the Instrument panel is what we usually call the dash. If you have a burn on the IC then it sounds like the clear plastic is burnt??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah its the unit that hold all the gauges, like the tach, odometer, fuel, i heard you had to replace the enitre thing, is it easy to do so?

·
Registered
922 Posts
This is good info, but dont be scared of the how its worded. I took apart that portion of my dash on my 03 Trailblazer. Like it says you unscrew the kick plate, the bolster and then the IPC trim, but yours being a Envoy the trim around the cluster will be a little different than my TB. All in all it wasnt that hard.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts