·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
... i wish.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Not bad at all......you know it WILL be coming sooner or later. A nice touch with the OZ Racing style wheels.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not bad at all......you know it WILL be coming sooner or later. A nice touch with the OZ Racing style wheels.
And the front carbon fiber splitter and the see through window to the supercharger are awesome looking!

I still think the RS package on the V6 needs to offer a turbocharger!!!

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
IMO...the LSA is a no go for Z28. For a ZL1 or something like that, then yes.

Z28 should get a DI 6.2 making 500hp. In all honesty, the Z06 team has to be looking at a new engine to replace the LS7. What ever that is, detune it, mass produce it, and put it in Camaro. Cut 200lbs off the car by cutting sound proofing, forged wheels, carbon fiber hood perhaps? Maybe make an "1LE" package that gets you the 2 pc rotors of the CTS-V along with its calipers, rear seat delete, and MRC shocks?

·
Registered
6,710 Posts
I love the cyber gray and the front splitter. I even like the wheels. As far as engines go I'd like a less-exotic version of the LS7. That, or GM Performance parts has a hot-cam version of the 6.2L that makes 480hp. That's just with a cam! I'd like to see that engine with some factory long-tube headers.

·
Registered
8,963 Posts

Z28 should get a DI 6.2 making 500hp. In all honesty, the Z06 team has to be looking at a new engine to replace the LS7. What ever that is, detune it, mass produce it, and put it in Camaro. Cut 200lbs off the car by cutting sound proofing, forged wheels, carbon fiber hood perhaps? Maybe make an "1LE" package that gets you the 2 pc rotors of the CTS-V along with its calipers, rear seat delete, and MRC shocks?
As much as I love factory produced forced induction cars the car you draw up would be awesome.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts

I love the way you think !! That is definitely the way to go for the Z28. No forced induction... to high on cost, weight and warrenty. 500HP would be easy from the LS3 and not too costly. Worst case, you use up the LS7's that will be available when the ZO6 changes powerplants.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
LS7 is too costly, just get hand me downs fromt eh rest of teh GMPD. Save cost somewhere. If they were really serious abotu saving costs, Sigma, Zeta and Y body would all have the share the same hub dimentions so that brakes, wheels, and other hardware could be shared.
Camaro has already really been a hell of a cost saver for GM. If they could just use some hand me downs from the other big guys, this would make for a very impressive car, and for a very lost cost to GM.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
I'll take one in black please.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts