GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
I think it looks pretty good. But it resembles the Edge just a little too much in the front. But over all I think it looks quite well.

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
you are too optimistic ausrutheford ...

Ford might be on a good track, but it still hurting (just like any other bussiness these days) .... they are very much focusing on the key vehicles ..and stuff like V6 hybrids, series hybrids, their dedicated Extend hybrid vehicle, many of the EB engines, Bronco, etc etc etc - they will be pushed back ...

there is very little money out there and in Ford coffers. And ford will do well to focus on the profitable core - not exotic hybrids that will probably lose money.

Igor

·
Premium Member
8,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
you are too optimistic ausrutheford ...

Ford might be on a good track, but it still hurting (just like any other bussiness these days) .... they are very much focusing on the key vehicles ..and stuff like V6 hybrids, series hybrids, their dedicated Extend hybrid vehicle, many of the EB engines, Bronco, etc etc etc - they will be pushed back ...

there is very little money out there and in Ford coffers. And ford will do well to focus on the profitable core - not exotic hybrids that will probably lose money.

Igor
I can see them pushing back the HySeries but not the V6 Hybrids, they need them!!

·
Registered
4,879 Posts
I was hoping that headlight design was going to be limited to the Super Duty trucks for the reason that had been given, because the height of the trucks the headlights had to be lower...but I now see that was a farce, and we have ourselves a new means of tackiness to match the generic and dated, "Gillette Mach 3 inspired"..I mean handsome and elegant "3 bar" grill

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
I was hoping that headlight design was going to be limited to the Super Duty trucks for the reason that had been given, because the height of the trucks the headlights had to be lower...but I now see that was a farce, and we have ourselves a new means of tackiness to match the generic and dated, "Gillette Mach 3 inspired"..I mean handsome and elegant "3 bar" grill
we have no clue how the Explorer's nose will look like ..
that is just a CHEAP rendering ..

From the Americ concept I proposed the look would be this:

however we know Farley sent it back for a redesign .. so it will look different.

Igor

·
Premium Member
8,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The high beams on everything but the Sper Duty are on top so clearly you dont know what your saying. And for that matter the edge came out with that design before the Super Duty.

·
Premium Member
8,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What's the point of a unit body Explorer when the Edge will share a showroom?

Will the Explorer have some balls or will it be just a longer version of the Edge?
it willm be more off road oriented. Think of it as hard ware to the Flex's soft ware

·
Registered
5,986 Posts

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts