GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have provided quite a few people with information on Chevy's 20% cash incentive program in the past few days. Two of them are now new Chevy owners. If you are in the market for a new car - you owe it to yourself to contact a Chevy dealer and ask for their "20% inventory list".

Here is just one (extreme) example. The incentive shown is **cash value** from General Motors. You can still negotiate with your dealer of course, and use your GM points if you have them.

This would look good under the tree this year:

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Dang, that is one expensive SS Camaro, no wonder it sat so long. I paid just under that MSRP for my base LT1 '14 Corvette(GMS Employee pricing + GM Card earnings)

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Congrats! I am looking to get a Corvette in the next year or two. How do you like it?
The Vette is beyond AWESOME and makes for a great daily driver. It trumps my 2010 2SS Camaro in every facet, especially fuel economy. The 6-speed Camaro maybe eeked out 23MPG highway. The lighter & more powerful Vette has already accomplished 37.3 MPG highway in 7th gear in Eco mode, yet still returns 23-ish around town in touring mode.

Reactions: dbc30531

·
Super Moderator
21,421 Posts
The Vette is beyond AWESOME and makes for a great daily driver. It trumps my 2010 2SS Camaro in every facet, especially fuel economy. The 6-speed Camaro maybe eeked out 23MPG highway. The lighter & more powerful Vette has already accomplished 37.3 MPG highway in 7th gear in Eco mode, yet still returns 23-ish around town in touring mode.
That's absolutely incredible for a 460 HP monster. Just shows how incredible the Corvette is, really.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Wow! That's impressive fuel economy. I just drove 350 miles from Raleigh to Atlanta today. My Vsport averaged 27.5 mpg while going between 75 and 80mph the whole way. EPA says I should have achieved 24 highway. I'm impressed.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Winter is an awesome time to buy any vehicle, if you plan ahead and time your purchases. Heck, even if your car sputters out in the summer - I think it could make sense to rent one for a while just to make it to the next winter slump, and buy then.

·
Premium Member
11,342 Posts
Looking at Camaro inventory, there's no SS left they're all 1SS and 2SS with a lot of V6 models in there too.

Am I wrong in suggesting that the biggest discounts apply to models with more options/ higher trim levels?
If so this makes entirely good sense, bargains for buyers wanting well appointed vehicles.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I looked around online at the dealers locally, and there seems to be a plethora of red Impalas that GM wants to get rid of. There were a couple light colored cars, but nothing that I was really interested in. Not really excited to go to a dealership while I still have shopping to do!!

·
Registered
21,361 Posts
Hmmm, getting kind of desperate at the end of the year, huh??

Nobody had better come up with the "GM isn't buying sales anymore," jargon.

It's very select models and my local dealer only has 7 vehicles that even qualify for it.

Well them maybe this program doesn't go deep enough.............

One of my Chevrolet Dealers is part of a 4 Dealer Network, they have 366 Silverado 1500's in stock, 148 ( One-Hundred-Forty-Eight ) are 2014 model year! 40.4% on December 21st!?

As linton mentioned above, the program is rumored to be expanding this week, I'd guess at the same time, they'll open the offer up to more inventory, at this point in the year, IMHO it should be on EVERY 2014 model year, as they are all old, and will be really old in 10 days.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Too little, too late. I bought a 2015 Subaru Impreza last week, after the local idiots at Murphy Motors in Williston refused to budge so much as a nickel on a 2014 Sonic that has been rotting on their lot for 6 months, and being an undesirable color.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I purchased a 2014 Chevrolet Cruze on December 27. It was included in the 20% promotion. The vehicle I bought was featured in a newspaper advertisement. The dealership gave a discount of $1,300 and then Chevrolet had 20% cashback. So I feel like I got a really good deal on a nice new car.

One note - the dealer told me that vehicles with the 20% promotion do NOT also get the $750 USAA rebate/discount. Can anyone confirm that?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts