GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still trying to figure exactly what's refreshed besides shiny metal...

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/05/20/refreshed-opel-logo-accompanies-insignia-release/

Opel will be following the lead of its corporate sibling, Vauxhall, later this year when it unveils a new badge to correlate with the release of the Insignia sedan. The restyled emblem will still feature the Opel nameplate and lightening bolt, but will be coated in polished metal and will attempt to signify Opel's upmarket ascendancy in the European market.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Because that's not the Logo, just an article explaining there will be a new logo. Jeeesh.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Because that's not the Logo, just an article explaining there will be a new logo. Jeeesh.
The story at the link says "The gentleman at right holding the redesigned logo is Mark Adams,".

I don't see a difference either. Hopefully there won't be any significant change. I've always thought the Opel logo was one of the coolest of all the auto manufacturers.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Looks just like an Opel badge.

·
Registered
507 Posts
pretty much unnoticeable, but hey.
No need to make an announcement really
I guess it was notable enough for someone to create a thread about it.:D Just Kidding

·
Registered
11,215 Posts
The "z" part of it looks thicker/fatter and more 3-dimensional. I don't know that it's better, though.

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
Now, give that badge to Saturn, too. Saturn is already selling an Opel lineup. The odd Saturn logo means little to the US market, and it might be a step toward making the Opel/Vauxhall/Saturn vehicles a global brand.

The lightning bolt looks much nicer than the odd Saturn rings logo.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Now, give that badge to Saturn, too. Saturn is already selling an Opel lineup. The odd Saturn logo means little to the US market, and it might be a step toward making the Opel/Vauxhall/Saturn vehicles a global brand.

The lightning bolt looks much nicer than the odd Saturn rings logo.

Agreed. Reintroduce Saturn as Opel. Globalization is inevitable anyway.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts