GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
V6 Ly7 engines are crap and those Northstar engines w the defective head issues Yall really should have stood i front of. I wonder how many customers u lost behind sweeping these issues under the rug after ur customers have spent thousands of dollars on these vehicles.:mad::confused::mad:

·
Registered
19,279 Posts
V6 Ly7 engines are crap and those Northstar engines w the defective head issues Yall really should have stood i front of. I wonder how many customers u lost behind sweeping these issues under the rug after ur customers have spent thousands of dollars on these vehicles.:mad::confused::mad:
When did GM stop using the Northstar engine, approching a decade? Why bring that up now?

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I had to replace a water pump in my 98 Trans Am last year with 208k miles, can't believe GM can't design an engine worth a crap. Never buying GM AGAIN!!!!! :mad:

·
Registered
363 Posts
Based on this they should all be sitting by the side of the road and thus easily collected for the requested recall.

Why is it that anyone who thinks their 100K mile car should have gone another 50K miles before needing repair expects a recall? Ideally modern cars SHOULD go 150K, but there is a reason why there is no guarantee that they will. I can remember when most popular priced American V8's needed a valve job by 30K, yes even the vaunted SB Chevy. At some point it is YOUR car to repair, sell or junk, depending on the circumstances.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Dang I better hurry up and call GM Customer Service because I have an LY7 V6 because it's gonna fail. That's what's written by the OP above and everything on the internet is absolutely, 100% true. The tooth fairy told me so......

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Based on this they should all be sitting by the side of the road and thus easily collected for the requested recall.

Why is it that anyone who thinks their 100K mile car should have gone another 50K miles before needing repair expects a recall? Ideally modern cars SHOULD go 150K, but there is a reason why there is no guarantee that they will. I can remember when most popular priced American V8's needed a valve job by 30K, yes even the vaunted SB Chevy. At some point it is YOUR car to repair, sell or junk, depending on the circumstances.
I have a 98 corolla w almost 300k and a 1990 pickup w 187k that's why....since u asked

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a 98 corolla w almost 300k and a 1990 pickup w 187k that's why....since u asked
Oh yeah and I failed to mention motor.com even speaks of the poor design of these engines, there was already an extended warranty on certain yr models of this engine design and several other owners reported there engines failing as soon as 14k. Im pretty sure after Goin to the dealer for the same engine issues more than 3x in many cases they felt the same way.

·
Registered
5,366 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
"I have a 98 corolla w almost 300k and a 1990 pickup w 187k that's why....since u asked"

None of this has any bearing on whether GM should recall an engine that has already done 100K miles. It's yours now. You own it. It's your responsibility. I would be disappointed as well. But instead of complaining on a website I'd either be fixing it myself (most likely) or sending it down the road. Actually either is quite a stretch because I wouldn't have bought one of those, but you get the idea.

·
Registered
18,488 Posts

That was a long time ago on crappy cars... if I had an expensive repair on a car with 100k miles I'd **** a brick too.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.