GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well now I've gone and done it. The kappa Fiero topic got me thinking about a Buick design on that platform. I thought "hmm, the Reatta was a small coupe that might work with that platform today." Well, here goes nothing. I am taking this opportunity to work on my skills with PaintShopPro and do a design completely from scratch. The only thing I am using from an existing design is the kappa frame. I'll post my progress as I make large steps. Below you'll see the frame and what I've done so far. Right now I'm working up the general shape and larger componants.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Like I said I just got the main sections in. Now I'm working on shading and details. Eventually I'll need to put in the driver's door, the final grill, and some interior stuff.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well the car is pretty much finished, but I am still looking for a good donor to replace the interior. None of the kappa concept photos seem to have the proper angle. So far the only thing that is lifted from an existing picture is the chassis. Yay me. :lol:

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by posaune@May 29 2004, 05:30 PM
Not bad. I kinda like it.

I love the easy drivers access ;)
lmao. Yeah I know. That's part of my interior replacement. But I could always just put some high strength netting over it to make for easy in and out. B)

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Originally posted by CyberianHusky+May 30 2004, 01:10 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (CyberianHusky @ May 30 2004, 01:10 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-posaune@May 29 2004, 05:30 PM
Not bad.  I kinda like it.

I love the easy drivers access ;)
lmao. Yeah I know. That's part of my interior replacement. But I could always just put some high strength netting over it to make for easy in and out. B) [/b][/quote]
:lol:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Overall, it's very nice looking. The only complaint I have is that the grill is shaped way too much like a pair of panties. :lol:

That said, I would still give this concept an overall grade of B+/A-

Anything we can do about that color?

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sure I can change the color. I figured a brown tone is appropriate for a Buick. The panty grill... yeah, I suppose I could go for the oval thing they are slapping on the front these days. I took a chance on that one.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
In the colors picture, it looks pretty good. Still, the front is controversial IMO. Nice job anyways!

·
Registered
151 Posts
It's just the grill for me. The rest of the car is good. . . even great. Just slap a regular Buick grill on there and you've got a winner!

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
What is the point of all this? Looks like to me a Buick Velite out of a Reatta. It is not necessary to bring back every nameplate just for a nameplate's sake. That car never even made a respectable name for itself. It was a dumb sounding name to begin with. The Buick Velite represents something much better than a Reatta had ever hoped to be. It is as silly as Cadillac bringing back the Allante' when the XLR is far superior.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts