GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
13,056 Posts
Just going through the gallery and looking at the driver's seat "like new" is an understatement. Wish they did like Hemmings and show the engine bay and undercarriage too. It, at any rate though, is a real beauty.

·
Registered
2015 Cadillac XTS Platinum, 1989 Merkur XR4Ti, 1989 Merkur Scorpio
11,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just going through the gallery and looking at the driver's seat "like new" is an understatement. Wish they did like Hemmings and show the engine bay and undercarriage too. It, at any rate though, is a real beauty.
That's one of the reasons I like Cars & Bids and BaT.
The Scorpio had 139 photos on Cars & Bids.
This is a dealer, so I'd ask for engine and undercarriage photos since he has a lift.

I'd be really shocked if the engine and undercarriage wasn't as clean as the rest of it.
IMO someone will pay the asking price as it definitely falls under "Try to find another this good".

·
Registered
2017 Cadillac XT5
2,352 Posts
Wow - beautiful car!

I think a car like that will hold it's value if you keep it garaged and low mile. Very nice little cruiser.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow - beautiful car!

I think a car like that will hold it's value if you keep it garaged and low mile. Very nice little cruiser.
Cars like this one are going off right now.
A bidding war would likely erupt if it got in the right auction.

What I do is drive about 1K to 1.5K a year to car shows or cruise around.
I think I've got one 120 mile round trip left, the rest are all less than 50 miles.
You stay on top of issues that way. I would take a long time to get to even 30K.

BTW... as good as this looks, I'd bet the farm that it has needs that'll have to be sorted.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
of All the cars that have passed through the Used Lots that I have worked at over the past 31 years, a 1990 Reatta is the one I regret not purchasing the most. well that and a 2003 Marauder, well and a 84 Barn Door 3/4 ton Square Body Burb, 93 Sierra GT 4x4 Teal, 95 Yukon GT.

there has been many, but the Reatta is top.

·
Registered
18,634 Posts
of All the cars that have passed through the Used Lots that I have worked at over the past 31 years, a 1990 Reatta is the one I regret not purchasing the most. well that and a 2003 Marauder, well and a 84 Barn Door 3/4 ton Square Body Burb, 93 Sierra GT 4x4 Teal, 95 Yukon GT.

there has been many, but the Reatta is top.
I'd love to have a Reatta and a last year Fiero.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Only thing missing is the touchscreen from early models.
Haven't decided yet if this is a positive or negative.

The CRTs are neither unobtainium or frightfully expensive.
But I would have my guy install it, just in case a short or bad ground took it out.
He's an automotive electrical whiz...

The digital dash in this one is pretty spectacular.

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
Ah...1980s era digital gauges. From a time when GM actually tried to be a leader in automotive tech. My dad's old Trofeo had a CRT touchscreen and supposedly called you if someone stole it.

The late 80s and early 90s GM cars catch a lot of crap, but IMO that was the best era of GM cars in my lifetime before things went all to hell in the late 90s-2008. Hope they eventually get back around to making unique cars like the Reatta again.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
My old neighbor had a white one just like that very well kept he's a huge car nut loves GM and Fox Body Fords. Had a long talk with him about his Reatta said he was super happy he DIDN'T have the CRT touch screens because of how troublesome they are.

Part of me thinks they are cool but the other part cringes at the idea of repair if they ever did break. Cant imagine they are the most reliable either when it comes to touch. I have seen videos of them and they tend to be responsive but at the end of the day its 80s tech.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Ah...1980s era digital gauges. From a time when GM actually tried to be a leader in automotive tech. My dad's old Trofeo had a CRT touchscreen and supposedly called you if someone stole it.

The late 80s and early 90s GM cars catch a lot of crap, but IMO that was the best era of GM cars in my lifetime before things went all to hell in the late 90s-2008. Hope they eventually get back around to making unique cars like the Reatta again.
The Cadillac and Oldsmobiles were conspicuous innovative. My dad had the baby 1986 Eldorado with the digital wizardry. It was lighter and had a small V8. It was great, better than the larger 1991 that he bought, which I thought was geriatric. My favorite Caddy was the late 90's STS

·
Super Moderator
4,284 Posts
Just bought a '90 for my son's first car. It's a driver with a straight body and no rust. Just needs some electrical and new seat upholstery. Got it for $1500 from the second owner. Should be a cool father/son project.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Reactions: kmacleod

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just bought a '90 for my son's first car. It's a driver with a straight body and no rust. Just needs some electrical and new seat upholstery. Got it for $1500 from the second owner. Should be a cool father/son project. View attachment 64243
That is sweet!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts