GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
35,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tire Wheel Car Sky Vehicle

It's not fair, really. Within days of driving the new 2022 Jeep Grand Wagoneer, we had occasion to sample the 2021 Rolls-Royce Cullinan Black Badge. There simply was no comparison. The British luxury SUV couldn't hope to compete in terms of spaciousness, but neither was it the Jeep's match for features. Sure, the Rolls had a Shooting Star headliner, power-closing coach (rear-hinged) doors, a motorized picnic set, and umbrellas in the doors, but it lacked basic amenities like four-zone automatic climate control, Active Driving Assist, Apple CarPlay, and rear-seat entertainment, not to mention a 23-speaker McIntosh Reference Audio System (the Rolls' Bespoke Audio setup makes do with 16 speakers). And don't get us going on USB plugs (Jeep: 22, Rolls: 3).

·
Registered
2015 Cadillac XTS Platinum, 1989 Merkur XR4Ti, 1989 Merkur Scorpio
11,298 Posts
why is that the RR is that far behind on General Luxury?
RR are about build quality and use of the finest materials, not gizmos.
I like the GW a lot. Needs a woodgrain decal on the sides, though.
I'm sure someone will fill this need.

·
Registered
4,181 Posts

Just watched this yesterday. I pretty much agree with his assessment. Seems like JEEP has a winner on its hands!

·
Premium Member
35,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RR are about build quality and use of the finest materials, not gizmos.
I like the GW a lot. Needs a woodgrain decal on the sides, though.
I'm sure someone will fill this need.
The thing is though, Ze Americans do things very differently, Chrysler has really stepped up on the interior materials. It seems from Motortrends perspective, Jeep is right there with Rolls, safe for the stars on the roof.

·
Registered
2015 Cadillac XTS Platinum, 1989 Merkur XR4Ti, 1989 Merkur Scorpio
11,298 Posts
The thing is though, Ze Americans do things very differently, Chrysler has really stepped up on the interior materials. It seems from Motortrends perspective, Jeep is right there with Rolls, safe for the stars on the roof.
Then they gave it no more than a cursory glance.
Jeeps and RRs are not even on the same planet quality wise, which has nothing to do with qizmos or reliability.
It's like saying the likes of Tag-Heuer are right there with Patek Philippe. Not even close!

·
Premium Member
35,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Then they gave it no more than a cursory glance.
Jeeps and RRs are not even on the same planet quality wise, which has nothing to do with qizmos or reliability.
It's like saying the likes of Tag-Heuer are right there with Patek Philippe. Not even close!
I was just making an observation about the motortrend article, not my own opinion

1 - 9 of 9 Posts