·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I guess it was so boaring that people didn't even bother replying... :lol:

·
Registered
367 Posts
Obviously this is the base model. I really hope the SS is way more aggressive than this because if not, I am afraid that GM would have again missed the mark. The small cars in the segment, especially the CIVIC is due for a major redesign and if the Cobalt is just good enough to fit in, it will probably be outclassed by the redisigned Civic, now that will be a sad sad day. :type:

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Originally posted by monger@Dec 18 2003, 03:04 PM
Obviously this is the base model. I really hope the SS is way more aggressive than this because if not, I am afraid that GM would have again missed the mark. The small cars in the segment, especially the CIVIC is due for a major redesign and if the Cobalt is just good enough to fit in, it will probably be outclassed by the redisigned Civic, now that will be a sad sad day. :type:
EEK - :pain: that reminds me of the mid-90's Malibu....."The car you knew America could build".

Let's hope the Cobalt leads in more than the very cool engine lineup..,,and rebates <_<

·
Registered
236 Posts
Hopefully they're spending all the R&D dollars on the new Camaro, and that's why the Cobalt is so boring.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
It is a Chevy-- as long as it looks nice, has a tight fit, and good quality, it should do well. Pontiac's offering(s) should certainly be more agressive.

·
Registered
248 Posts
To me it looks alright; I'm not into small cars. Mainly because I can't fit in 'em. One thing I do like it is the two year design time :mf_boff:

·
Registered
396 Posts
i like it :(

i can't understand how all of you people can make a judgement on the cobalts appearance with such a crappy picture. i mean, 3/5 of the car was covered with a tarp, and only the front was visible. and was it determined that this wasn't one of those mock-ups to test panel gap fittings, or that it wasn't a prototype?

what's that saying? don't punch a gifthorse in teh mouth [i think i just made that up :D]

·
Registered
954 Posts
I agree with mackingu, wait til the LA auto show, then you can call it ugly. I don't think it will look much like the Civic, especially if they just have slightly similar headlights. No one complained back in the day when all cars used the same round or rectangle headlights ;)

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Originally posted by Dumb_Ass_2003@Dec 20 2003, 06:36 PM
I agree with mackingu, wait til the LA auto show, then you can call it ugly. I don't think it will look much like the Civic, especially if they just have slightly similar headlights. No one complained back in the day when all cars used the same round or rectangle headlights ;)
I just don't like giant out of proportion headlights.

I'm old fashioned and prefer this:

to this:

·
Registered
367 Posts
Originally posted by chadbarb99@Dec 19 2003, 05:45 AM
Come on guys, surely it's gotta look 100 times better than a Ford Focus!! Even the Cavalier looks better than a Focus
That's why id does not make sense to be shooting at being better than Focus. If the current Cavalier already looks better than a Focus. The Cobalt needs to be the class leader, it will be the newest member of this group, it needs to raise the bar so that the next generation of compacts would be aspiring to be like the Cobalt.
:chef:

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
I'd agree with you. Your sunbird is better looking than Toyota's re-misstyled droopybutt Solara.

Of course, I think the Cobalt looks better than either.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts