GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
11,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Cadillac ATS

From feedback by those who've seen it, this ATS Coupe & Convertible are getting pretty close to the real thing.... And my sources at GM have indicated it's not too far off the real thing too. That being the case then I think we can all look forward to an exciting, stylish compact RWD addition to the Cadillac line-up.

Using the CTS Coupe (Top) we can see where the design has evolved from....

ATS-V

No word on a wagon, so some speculative fun... :)

ATS-V Sportback

;)

·
Registered
11,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Re: REAL Caddy ATS looks like this....

does it really have the blinker? please say NO
From sketches drawn from those who have seen it some have it as a blinker, others a vent and not there on yet others. I guess it's what eye for detail they have.

Bob has been playing his comments to me pretty close to his chest about details when I send him my chops of the ATS. Only saying if they are close or not, effectively playing the "warmer, colder, you're getting hotter" game.

But I am almost certain now about it being like a smaller CTS in shape, the lower door scallops, the head and tail light shapes, the sloping character line under the side windows like Converj, but the car won't 'look' like Converj (sorry john - you'll have to wait for future designs).

;)

·
Registered
4,883 Posts

The designs look good, though not the cars for me they will have their appeal if marketed correctly. The question is will GM have really profitable cars selling which, may allow the ATS to build gradually until it defines its market dynamics?

:drive:

·
Premium Member
9,586 Posts

Bob has been playing his comments to me pretty close to his chest about details when I send him my chops of the ATS. Only saying if they are close or not, effectively playing the "warmer, colder, you're getting hotter" game.
So by all accounts it sounds (and looks) like the ATS is a slightly-refined but scaled down version of the CTS?

I wonder if the ATS concept is the design rumoured to be appearing at the NAIAS. :cool:

·
Registered
11,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

So by all accounts it sounds (and looks) like the ATS is a slightly-refined but scaled down version of the CTS?
That's how I take it. I feel the thinking was that they know people like the CTS design and they didn't want to take chances with the ATS, which will be a critical car for Cadillac.

Bob has said it's like a small CTS but never that it's like Converj; and that all the published speculative images are not getting it right.

So scaling down CTS and adding a few subtle Converj elements was the safe bet. Even though johnstarnes and others really want the full-on Converj style, or even more, there would be a risk that not all people are as avant-garde as that... The ATS has to sell and sell in big numbers.

;)

·
Premium Member
9,586 Posts

That's how I take it. I feel the thinking was that they know people like the CTS design and they didn't want to take chances with the ATS, which will be a critical car for Cadillac.

Bob has said it's like a small CTS but never that it's like Converj; and that all the published speculative images are not getting it right.

So scaling down CTS and adding a few subtle Converj elements was the safe bet. Even though johnstarnes and others really want the full-on Converj style, or even more, there would be a risk that not all people are as avant-garde as that... The ATS has to sell and sell in big numbers.
I believe a CTS derivative is definitely the way to go as well. Adopting Converj cues would dilute the appeal of that model and potentially lead to a wait-and-see attitude towards a CTS refresh.

Any chance you might be putting renderings together for the standard ATS coupe and sedan as well?

·
Registered
4,152 Posts

You have done very well with the rear end on this one. The proportioning is JUST right. Well played.

-Chase

·
Registered
11,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)

I believe a CTS derivative is definitely the way to go as well. Adopting Converj cues would dilute the appeal of that model and potentially lead to a wait-and-see attitude towards a CTS refresh.

Any chance you might be putting renderings together for the standard ATS coupe and sedan as well?
Here's my attempt at the Coupe...

;)

·
Registered
8,636 Posts

If the ATS looks like that Cadillac is going to have plenty of customers in the future. Any chance we can see this car from different angles though? :confused:

·
Registered
13,174 Posts

Beautifully done! Congrats and thanks for your efforts..

I'd like to see the 4 cylinder 260hp turbo four from the Solstice GXP as the standard motor with a 3.6 liter 304 hp motor as optional.

Of course I'd like to see a dual clutch sequential transmission offered ....and I wouldn't complain if the 6.2 liter direct injection LS3 was the powerplant of the RWD ATS V...

Any of these powerplants would make for an exciting new entry in the small luxury sports coupe and sedan market.

Combine that with anything similiar to your design work and GM's got a winner...!!!

I know I'd buy one..

JB

1 - 20 of 113 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.