GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
21,006 Posts
View attachment 66533

I was not aware of this GM pickup truck feature. A great idea to hide small valuables.
That is one of the things I miss about my old ATS, it had a lockable, hidden cubby (behind the display). A place I could hide my wallet and feel like it would still be there even if someone broke into my car. Though I assume you can't lock this seat storage, I bet no thief would even think to see if the seat opened up like this - I like it!

GM did a beautiful job on the remodel. Even better is we don't have to read pages of complaints on GMI anymore!

I love all the detail - the Denali topography is cool. They now have this type of detail in the Sierra and Hummer - hope they do something similar in the other Denali's in their lineup.

And, really happy that GM is leading the way with screen intigration and not just slapping in some massive screen so they can say "biggest".

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I have those rear-seat storage 'lockers' in my GMC- haven't used them (and you should see how much stuff I have in my truck). No- they're not lockable.
Much like the upper 'glove box' in these trucks, it's so shallow and the lip is so low, they are of minimal use.

There's a lot of folk who love the upgrade on the '22 refresh trucks, and it is much nicer... but it's not what a lot of other folk either want or prioritize.
I, for one, have no regrets not getting a '22 MCE over my '21, my truck is primarily a working truck (no tonneau-covered short bed here).

·
Registered
2014 BMW 320i; 2015 Chevy Spark EV (wife's car)
4,581 Posts
Like others have said, kudos to GM. Fingers crossed that GM won't revert to its old habit of skimping on interior quality and design.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I have those rear-seat storage 'lockers' in my GMC- haven't used them (and you should see how much stuff I have in my truck). No- they're not lockable.
Much like the upper 'glove box' in these trucks, it's so shallow and the lip is so low, they are of minimal use.

There's a lot of folk who love the upgrade on the '22 refresh trucks, and it is much nicer... but it's not what a lot of other folk either want or prioritize.
I, for one, have no regrets not getting a '22 MCE over my '21, my truck is primarily a working truck (no tonneau-covered short bed here).
Out of curiosity can you feel the door in your back when you sit in those seats? That would be my only concern. It's a nifty idea otherwise, good place to hide your narcotics.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Out of curiosity can you feel the door in your back when you sit in those seats? That would be my only concern. It's a nifty idea otherwise, good place to hide your narcotics.
At a glance it looks like unlined slippery plastic? Hence a concern for things sliding about or rattling. Eg the hidden stowage bins on my elderly Citroen are beautifully flocked to prevent this.

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Some of full sized trucks have interiors that are just as good as anything BMW or Mercedes Benz have in their luxury cars, this review does not surprise me, pleased to see GMC getting the rave reviews that's long overdue they have alway been premium quality.

Reactions: Ute and BlackGTP

·
Registered
76 Posts
My 2021 Sierra Denali has those storage areas, I think they are standard with leather interiors on the GMC SLT and Denali, but could be on the AT4 as well. I keep work/winter gloves in them and that's about it and the jump starter on the pass side one.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Out of curiosity can you feel the door in your back when you sit in those seats?
Nope- completely undetectable to your back.

I think they are standard with leather interiors on the GMC SLT and Denali, but could be on the AT4 as well.
Well, I have an Elevation with cloth and it has them. I believe it's a crew cab feature, but perhaps the very bottom trims don't have them; IDK.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Your are probably right about cc feature. Honestly never looked at anything but Denali and SLT, My bro has the SLT Max Trailing same year.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Is it true about that strange shifter, push forward to go into reverse and back to go forward? OK, that is very odd.
Don't re-invent the wheel, if a conventional shifter is easier to use, just put that into the vehicle

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
^ It follows the shift pattern illuminated on the top face of the shifter, the same shift pattern GM has been using since 1965 (and everyone else also uses); R-N-D/L.

What console shifter have you seen that places R at the bottom?? I mean, my '64 Pontiac does... but I doubt you're talking about something that old.

·
Registered
6,888 Posts
^ It follows the shift pattern illuminated on the top face of the shifter, the same shift pattern GM has been using since 1965 (and everyone else also uses); R-N-D/L.

What console shifter have you seen that places R at the bottom?? I mean, my '64 Pontiac does... but I doubt you're talking about something that old.
You forgot that the conventional "PRNDL" has a "P", which is NOT in the middle.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts

You're right I didn't think. However starting from the P, you shift down to get to R

1 - 20 of 22 Posts