GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Very nice, Manchester United players will have 2 each now they are awash with $558 millions of sponsorship money.

Wayne

Waynette

Range Rover need to do a Manchester United Special Edition model.

Reactions: CJH and cad1cts

·
Registered
44,415 Posts
Thats $288,000!

Which Flagships reach this amount?
S65 Sedan has a base MSRP of $225,000
S65 Coupe should be ~$250,000, assuming the same $25,000 price differential between S550 Sedan and Coupe.
G65 has an expected based MSRP of $250,000

As I said in another thread, Range Rover is looking to solidify its position as the premiere elite luxury SUV, before the Bentley SUV launches.
Seems to me this is panning out.

·
Registered
4,181 Posts
That leather looks exquisite.
The Walnut looks really nice as well. The metal engraving is a nice touch and fits with the bespoke shotgun theme. Love the engraving on shotguns.

Good luck finding 1/10th the detail in a Caddy compared to this.

·
Super Moderator
21,421 Posts
The Walnut looks really nice as well. The metal engraving is a nice touch and fits with the bespoke shotgun theme. Love the engraving on shotguns.

Good luck finding 1/10th the detail in a Caddy compared to this.
The shotguns are gorgeous too. 10/10 would buy. This thing makes the Autobiography Black look like an Equinox.

LOL Cadillac. They aren't even on the same planet as this thing.

·
Registered
4,181 Posts
The shotguns are gorgeous too. 10/10 would buy. This thing makes the Autobiography Black look like an Equinox.
HA!

Absolutely beautiful. I have a nice shotgun with walnut stock and engraving, and those make it look like a damn Remington!

LOL Cadillac. They aren't even on the same planet as this thing.
Craftsmanship is a word they have not learned yet. Its a cultural issue that is going to be hard for them to overcome.

Reactions: Envoy4Life

·
Super Moderator
21,421 Posts
HA!

Absolutely beautiful. I have a nice shotgun with walnut stock and engraving, and those make it look like a damn Remington!
Is the shotgun engraved with the initials "CJH"? :D

Craftsmanship is a word they have not learned yet. Its a cultural issue that is going to be hard for them to overcome.
Yep. Platinum ain't gonna cut it for cars like the CT6.

They need some sort of bespoke program. They won't really be seen as serious competitors with MB/BMW without one IMHO.

·
Registered
4,181 Posts
Is the shotgun engraved with the initials "CJH"? :D
HA! I wish!!

Yep. Platinum ain't gonna cut it for cars like the CT6.

They need some sort of bespoke program. They won't really be seen as serious competitors with MB/BMW without one IMHO.
Agreed. They do need a bespoke program, but I have no confidence in their ability to pull it off. I almost think they need to acquire an coachbuilder/outfitter that does that already and let them run with it. Its a different ballgame than mass producing a vehicle withe a few color/interior variations.

·
Registered
19,265 Posts
HA!

Holland & Holland is one the top if not THE world's premier "luxury" gun manufacturer. All that craftsmanship that Cadillac doesn't and will never have with the filigree and inlay is entirely Holland & Holland.

Besides that, it's a little bit more wood, reclining seats, maybe some piping and some more metal accents.

Yeah. Cadillac's new interiors are great. But they're still a step or two behind the Germans in some ways. And they're a mile behind the British.
Only in your world are they a mile behind. Jaguar has pretty okay interiors. Land Rover/Range Rover is nothing to write home about save the very top Autobiography Range Rover.

Behind? Yes.
A step or two? Yes.
A mile behind anyone (worth comparing to)? No.

inb4 you post a picture of the XJ Ultimate interior.

·
Registered
5,300 Posts
That (Range Rover) looks presidential. All of them will probably be armored in the end.

I would love to see Cadillac succeed, but the Escalade was a HUGE disappointment. I just do not understand how it came out the way it did, especially with the Denali line to take care of the same exact segment, and the LTZ being below the Denali.

Exterior design is there, The front sitting is there there, with a few minuses,(like could be better sits and that aweful silverado shifter) but man, open the rear door and the Chevrolet shows its face(as nice as the LTZ) and you just do not find a Cadillac back there. Frankly, its shameful what they could have done with this generation Cadillac vs. what they did.

I really like GM SUV's but, I would not hesitate to buy the Denali over the Cadillac. Cue is not enough differentiation for me.

·
Registered
7,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This is simply untrue for 2014.

The British have an edge on aesthetics -- colors, shapes, and, layouts -- but materials and assembly quality are a bit behind.

I say this as a huge Jag fan and former Range Rover owner.
Even the basic version of the "full fat" Range Rover, designed and built in the UK, commands a non-discountable price 50% higher than list on a mid-range BMW X5, which gets a healthy discount off list.

Jaguar, Land Rover and Range Rover reliability was dire in the past - keep an open mind on the new models, I doubt they're perfect but they're very different.

·
Registered
13,172 Posts
Range rover reliability is non existent.....

You really want and need the status symbol to put up with this product nightmare.

Jmo

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Very nice, Manchester United players will have 2 each now they are awash with $558 millions of sponsorship money.

Wayne

Waynette

Range Rover need to do a Manchester United Special Edition model.

Maybe is just a matter of choosing the right brand (Cadillac and American Chevrolet)

Wayne used to own an Escalade.

Becks too:

But there's no basic thing as RHD. It's like the GM cars weren't available with a windscreen.

That's why soccer players - millioners with superb sense of style, choose exquisite European products:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.