GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
GM builds crap, and has for 30 years or so. Import cars (not to mention Ralph Nader) wouldn't be as popular if they hadn't, and GM wouldn't have had such financial troubles. That's not to say that all GMs are crap, their trucks, for instance, have always been good, and through the 70's 80's and 90's there have always been a few good cars from GM. Even now though, they sell crap. Uplander anyone?

They've made quite a bit of progress though, and I'd say most of their current lineup is quite good.

Anywho, you can't look at the problems section of an internet forum and make a judgement about reliability.

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
The current lineup isn't crap, you're right. There are a few crappy cars, (leftover from older lineups, which were mostly crap) like the Uplander, which is a Lumina APV in disguise (but less reliable).

I stand by my opinion though. Through the 70's, 80's, 90's, and very early 2000s most of GMs lineup was garbage. The Japanese and Koreans would not have dominated a large portion of the market had the lineups not been crappy (The Toyota recall-a-thon is a very recent event).

Excessive cost cutting is mostly to blame for this, followed by arrogance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.