GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
1500, 2500, 3500, 2wd, 4wd, diesel, gas.... give me some specifics and a zip code and i'll look for you.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hmmm.....I didn't think I'd have much of a choice at this point....

1500 or 2500, (3500 would be overkill)

Any motor from 5.3 and up (D-Max included) - The 5.3 is all I need...but those Duramaxes are soooooooo nice.

Extended or crew cab

Preferably 4x4

Preferably Sierra (would take Silverado though)

I'm in Canada but would be willing to import.

Trim level - again, I'm flexible, but would prefer the top level trim (LT or SLT)

Thanks in advance Moose. I've talked to a couple local dealers but they didn't seem interested in doing a locate for me. They simply told me they would be long gone by now (which, I understand, is very possible). It still would have been nice if they went through the motions for me.

If you return several hits, let me know and maybe we can get fussy then.

Good luck, and again Thank you.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
this dealer is showing 4 of the 6 that are still showing in the entire united states. his contact info is as follows....

PRIORITY CHEVROLET
1495 S MILITARY HWY
CHESAPEAKE, VA 23320-2698
Divisional Dealer Code:14290
Phone:(757) 424-1811
FAX: (757) 424-2446

good luck!!

·
Registered
822 Posts
The Canadaian Dealer Locater system is very speciffic.

We can't just search for "any GMT800s", we need to tell it specificly what we want.
Chev or GMC, 1500 or 2500HD or 3500, 2WD or 4x4, Reg or Ext or Crew Cab, short or reg or long box and then do the search.

For example to check if there are any 1500 Reg Cabs left in Canada you would need to do 8 seperate searches.

While it only takes about 60 seconds to do a search it takes about an hour to do the 60 or so searches you are asking for and that is an hour that most salesguys could use a lot more productivly then a wild goose chase for "new" 2 year old trucks.

GM doesn't have any programs or credits left for those trucks so if a dealer still has them in stock, the discounts and associated losses needed to get the trucks sold are that dealers problem and no other dealer is going to want to get involved for fear of getting stuck with the old inventory. Afterall, they have already cleared off their old stock.

Motivation is the key question, are you some kind of collector who is willing to pay a premium for a mint condition GMT800 or is this an exercise in bargin hunting?

·
Registered
29 Posts
The dealer that's showing them is probably an upfitter, and is equipping vehicles for fleet use like National Park Service, etc.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
I show 2 2500 crew in Quebec, and 3 in Alberta....4 are gas 1 is diesel the diesel is in Quebec

BEAUCAGE CHEVROLET CADILLAC LTEE -
SHERBROOKE - PQ - (819) 823-4343 -

These are Chevrolet, silverados..thre are no 2500 GMs, in crew...
There are no 2500 Ext cab left in Chev or GM

There are 2 3500 Silverados left in Fort St John BC, 1 gas 1 Diesel both long boxes, base trim, Fleet trucks

There are 2 GM Sierras left in Alberta, both Gas 3500, long boxes, base trim

I did not search for 1500, if your thinking Diesel, then your doing something A 1500 wont do anyhow....

And again WHY, you will pay more in the long run, there is no rebates, or finance rates, unless a dealer is willing to take a bath, an 08 will be cheaper for you, there are $6000 rebates OR 0% here anyhow on 2500 and 3500 trucks...

For 1500 I found these...

ROSETOWN MAINLINE MOTOR PRODUCTS LIM - ROSETOWN - SK - (306) 882-2691
this retails for 50 so its should be a nice truck

SELKIRK CHEV PONTIAC BUICK GMC LTD. - SELKIRK - MB - (204) 482-1010
This one retails for 53 so it should be well equipped as well

They are 1500 Crews with 5.7 box

I fond these 2 for 1500 E/c short boxs

E. J. KLASSEN MOTORCADE LTD. - PORT HARDY - BC - (250) 949-7442
JIM GAUTHIER CHEV OLDS CADILLAC LTD. - WINNIPEG - MB - (204) 697-1400

So now I guess we see if your serious, anyone looking for these trucks and serious would jump at one of these.....you in Atlantic canada so your close to Quebec I would guess, if not Alb has a few to...

these are all 4x4 I did not search for 2WD,

for giggles I searched GM in 1500 as well, there are 3 in Abbotsford BC, the same dealer has all 3
MURRAY PONT BUICK GMC LIMITED PARTNR - ABBOTSFORD - BC - (604) 859-5264

All crew, all retail around 50 so nice equipment, all are 4x4

·
Registered
11,215 Posts
When did they stop building the Silverado and Sierra Classic?

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
mid year 07

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the help guys. I DO plan to follow up on the canadian leads. The U.S. ones didn't turn out to be economical enough (too far away - thanks anyway moose).

MalibuMaxx: Did you have to do separate searches for each model/drivetrain combination as stated in an earlier post?????? I thought the Canadian locator allowed you to leave "holes" and the search would just return a bunch of results. If you did have to do several searches (like on the gmcanada website) ......I guess I owe you one.

Thanks again

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
I just search buy model and dont specify engine so 2500 crew short box...that gives me evrey crew 2500 fas or otherwise in a radius i ask for, basically all of canada....

only took about 5 minutes, some are no brainers, like 2WD, only a guy in the states would wonder if you wanted a 2WD or 4WD, cause in the 5 years I have been here we have NEVER sold a NEW or brought in a NEW 2WD truck, so I did not search those either, however you may find one in the lower mainland, Vancouver or Victoria....... I did not search for 2500 crew long box, you wont find any, they make em just no one at least, no one out west, stocks them, just go to a 3500 they only come in long box....anyhow, good luck in your endeavors....

Again with the finance and things an 08 may be cheaper.....I got a 08 demo E/C 3500 long box selling for 44 Dmax and all...

PM me if you have no luck, Murrays here and the FT ST john Dealer are good, I could get those trucks for ya.

·
Registered
822 Posts
We still sell 2WD trucks in Saskatchewan, not many but we still sell some and my old dealership still stocks a few each year.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
ya I hear the prairies still sell a few 2wd, I guess no hill to climb........EVER......

·
Banned
8,969 Posts
I know it's an extreme long shot but.....

Any new GMT800 Sierra/Silveradoes left...anywhere???????
You can buy mine! Mine is a 2006 LT1 Z-71 Silverado CC. Summit White, cloth interior, never been wrecked and not a door-ding on it. It's got 30k on the clock. PM me if you're interested!

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
SoooOOOooOOOOOoOOOooOOOoOOO DId ya get one.?????

·
Registered
51 Posts
Another request looking for:

2008 Yukon XL Denali,AWD 5SA
Red Jewel Tintcoat Paint
SUN,ENTERTAINMENT & DESTINATION PACKAGE
2nd Row 60/40 spilt folding bench seat
3rd row - 3 passenger seat
Heat Steering wheel (not a deal breaker)
Wheels 18 or 20" doesn't matter, although 20" wheels would be nice.

Thank you,

Martin Garza
Chicago,IL 60647

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sorry I've been away for so long.

No, I didn't buy a truck. I DID follow up on a few of the leads. However a combination of the cost of shipping, and not being able to trade in, made it ridiculously expensive. For anyone in B.C. looking for a Silverado Classic though...they're offering some great deals. The D-max in Quebec was gone when I inquired the day after the post.

I've since been ben keeping an eye on Canadatrader.com to find a low-mileage 2006/2007 Sierra with exactly what I want. Also been trying to pre-sell my '02 silvy.

To everybody who helped me out by searching (esp. MalibuMaxx) ....Thanks a million. Sorry to have wasted your time.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts