1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Putting Fresh Spin on Iconic Chrysler 300 Presents Challenge
By Christie Schweinsberg
WardsAuto.com, May 22, 2008 9:27 AM
DETROIT – Redesigning an iconic car is a challenge, one faced by Chrysler LLC designers as they work on the next-generation 300 sedan.
Putting a fresh spin on the successful rear-wheel-drive model, which debuted to great buzz and strong sales in spring 2004, is the hard part, vehicle designer Lou Gasevski tells Ward’s.

http://wardsauto.com/ar/chrysler_300_challenge/

·
Registered
5,986 Posts
Couldn't they just input the Sebring's specs into the Etch-A-Sketch design puter
and
tell it to do the opposite?

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
it will be interesting to see how much they actually change the next-gen 300! And they need a new Charger too.. its just dated looking already.

·
Registered
13,337 Posts
I guess I am one of the very few who finds the 300 ugly and chunky and blocky compared to the Concorde that preceded it. But then again I loved the Intrepid too and find all the Dodges out now ugly and chunky and blocky vs. the sleek elegance of those cab-forward designs.

·
Premium Member
5,033 Posts
it will be interesting to see how much they actually change the next-gen 300! And they need a new Charger too.. its just dated looking already.
There has to be a way to get some photos or copies of the drawings. They have said that the design is pretty much done. I'd love to see it. Always thought that the headlights look goofy. The teardrop looking ones on the "C" do not look as good as the ones on the lower line models (touring, etc.). They are more rectangular and match the front end much better. You could play with the beltline but that would probably change everything.

·
Registered
17,579 Posts
I guess I am one of the very few who finds the 300 ugly and chunky and blocky compared to the Concorde that preceded it.
I don't think we're THAT few. It was a really bittersweet moment to see Chrysler bring back the large American RWD car while at the same time killing the best large FWD car line to date. It is a shame it wasn't Ford or GM who did the RWD thing, leaving Chrysler to show FWD can be the way too.

The 300C is NOT good-looking, it does make the impression it is supposed to, but it's not remotely as pretty or sleek as the LH cars. I like the retro-modern theme of the Charger, though, it does connect to the marque's past much better, and looks good on its own too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts