GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GM has created a significant competitive advantage by continuing to use cheaper, high value pushrod engines.

According to this Autoweek article - http://www.autoweek.com/cat_content.mv?por...t_code=01028000 - GM saves as much as $800 per unit by continuing to use pushrod, rather than OHC - engines.

This allows GM to offer larger incentives, lower prices or add more content, according to the article.

Let the pushrod vs. OHC debate continue! :D

·
Registered
94 Posts
who ever reads that and believes that crap are idiots.
pushrods are just as good if not better than ohc and dohc motors. with the new technology put into these pushrod motors there is no comparison to them. ill take a pushrod v6 or v8 over a dohc anyday of the week. pushrod motors are now getting vvt and dod and variable intakes, and everything else dohc has but for cheaper. they are just as refined as any dohc motor i know of..
these guys can kiss my butt :zap:

·
Registered
922 Posts
To those of you who read Car and Driver they have a pretty decent and lengthy article about this topic. Its pretty much pro-pushrod, I couldnt believe my eyes seeing it in this mag. They also had a letter to the editor where a person by the name of Mas Toyoda made the comment' " overhead valve engines are dinosaurs, rednecks and illiterates don't want to believe it." Man I love these people :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Saved money is good - less we have to contribute to the GM Pension Fund with too high MSRP pricing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts