GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greeting All,

If someone would have said I would have purchased a full size luxury SUV just two years ago, my response would have been, slim to none that would happen. Well, it is amazing what a difference a year makes and how one's requirements can change. And that is exactly what happen in my case. My evaluation of full size luxury SUV's yielded Cadillac's Escalade AWD as my first purchase preference. And with GM's Employee Discount and Cash rebate made my decision to purchase a Cadillac Escalade early a reality.

I have taken an extended weekend to fully enjoy my new car and so far I have been extremely impressed with the design of this vehicle.

JLM

·
Registered
488 Posts
No hybrid? ;)

Your posts are often quite detailed, so would like to hear your impressions so far.

Would you be willing to talk about how much you paid? In this market, with the employee discount, and general downturn in SUV sales, I imagine you got an incredible deal.

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Congrats! What color did you get? Need pics!

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
congrats JLM and don't forget to post pics of your new Slade

As for the hybrid model it's nice that caddy has a green model now but did they really need to put hybrid logos on almost every inch of the car (that has always been a pet peeve of mine with GM's hybrid trucks). Granted the decals can be removed if the customer chooses to but in the case of the Escalade was it really necessary to put a hybrid logo in the fender vents? IMO it detracts some style from the exterior

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
Nice choice! One of my 'lottery list' cars is a new Escalade ESV AWD.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No hybrid? ;)

Your posts are often quite detailed, so would like to hear your impressions so far.

Would you be willing to talk about how much you paid? In this market, with the employee discount, and general downturn in SUV sales, I imagine you got an incredible deal.
Hi DoomsDave,

I really considered Cadillac's Escalade's Hybrid, however in my case I average 6000K to 7000k miles per year and my break even would take 5-6 years. That alone would not have been an issue, but in the most recent GM incentive, GM did not include the 2009 Cadillac Escalade Hybrid. The combination of these two elements removed the Cadillac Escalade Hybrid from my purchase consideration.

Once I gather my experiences with a little driving time with the Escalade, I will provide some feedback.

The Cadillac Escalade price is public and posted on their website and yes I felt the discounts were worth my time to trade in my Cadillac STS V8 now versus in January 2009. Here is an example of a Cadillac Escalade with discounts and cash rebates.

2008 Cadillac Escalade AWD Platinum
MSRP:
$79,995.00
Employee Price:
$71,840.02
Total Cash Back:
$5,000.00
Your Price:
$66,840.02

JLM

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
:blink:

That is certainly a big switch!!
Congrats on the purchase!!

:clap:
Hi mgescuro,

Thanks and yes my business and personal requirements change quite in earnest about 4 months ago and I must admit I was very bias against large SUVs. But I also must admit, I have been so far, very impressed with the Escalade.

JLM

·
Registered
44,178 Posts
Hi mgescuro,

Thanks and yes my business and personal requirements change quite in earnest about 4 months ago and I must admit I was very bias against large SUVs. But I also must admit, I have been so far, very impressed the Escalade.

JLM
Escalade is certainly a leader of sorts in its segment and quite recognizable.
It's got a style all its own.
:D

I'm assuming that you found the answer to all answers now... Is all the wood in the Escalade real or fake? Steeringwheel wood is real. But the rest has seemingly been a point of contention.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:blink: You got a Platinum???
Gosh. Talk about impossible to find.
mgescuro,

I did not purchase a Escalade Platinum.But my Cadillac Dealership did locate one and I did review it. Very, Very nice Escalade model, but in my case, the $10,000 price increase was more than I was willing pay.

JLM

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Escalade is certainly a leader of sorts in its segment and quite recognizable.
It's got a style all its own.
:D

I'm assuming that you found the answer to all answers now... Is all the wood in the Escalade real or fake? Steeringwheel wood is real. But the rest has seemingly been a point of contention.
mgescuro,

You are correct in this. And my interior is nice but clearly the Escalade Platinum is simply superb in comparison in my view.

JLM

·
Registered
6,363 Posts
Awesome buy!

Don't let that smooth ride put you to sleep!

One other thing, the Caddy seems to be high on the list of vehicles wanted by thieves. If you go to a nice place, park it yourself.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
better keep it in garage, if You don't do it, Earth Liberation Front will get You. ;)
Congratulations on your purchase. Escalade is a classy SUV.

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
Lots of people are getting new vehicles around here lately.....must be something in the air ;)

Many congrats on your purchase, can't wait to see some pics! :D

·
Registered
13,043 Posts
Greeting All,

If someone would have said I would have purchased a full size luxury SUV just two years ago, my response would have been, slim to none that would happen. Well, it is amazing what a difference a year makes and how one's requirements can change. And that is exactly what happen in my case. My evaluation of full size luxury SUV's yielded Cadillac's Escalade AWD as my first purchase preference. And with GM's Employee Discount and Cash rebate made my decision to purchase a Cadillac Escalade early a reality.

I have taken an extended weekend to fully enjoy my new car and so far I have been extremely impressed with design of this vehicle.

JLM
Congratulations on your new Escalade.

I admit, when they announced employee pricing, I did a little walk through of the GM brands online, but frankly, I could not find any vehicle I would want to own.

·
Registered
8,971 Posts
Congratulations on your new Escalade.

I admit, when they announced employee pricing, I did a little walk through of the GM brands online, but frankly, I could not find any vehicle I would want to own.
I'm curious. Besides the Jaguar XJ, what vehicles from other automakers do you want to own right now?

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Congrats. The Escalade is a very nice looking vehicle.

:dro:

1 - 20 of 64 Posts