GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i was coming home the other night and the light turned yellow, so I floored it to make it through the light (we've all done it, deal w/i). So right afterwords I got to thinking, is is more fuel efficient to goose the throttle for the 3-5 seconds to make it, or stop and idle throught the traffic light? Anyone have any thoughts?

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
But officer I was only trying to save gas. :)

I imagine slowing down, waiting for the light to completely cycle, and then having to re-establish your speed would use a little more gas

·
Registered
903 Posts
I would say going through the yellow since that may only require 1 gear change while stopping completely makes the car go through 4 or 5 gears.

Unless you have a manual...I'm not sure what your S10 has.

·
Registered
6,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I imagine slowing down, waiting for the light to completely cycle, and then having to re-establish your speed would use a little more gas
yeah huh!! I thought so to. I mean getting decreased mileage I suppose is better than no mileage right?

I would say going through the yellow since that may only require 1 gear change while stopping completely makes the car go through 4 or 5 gears.

Unless you have a manual...I'm not sure what your S10 has.
My baja is a five speed manual, but I use my caddy as my daily, unless my carpooler can't make it then my motorcycle!

5,934 Posts
Try using that excuse the next time you get pulled over. I've head cops let you go if they hear an excuse they haven't heard before.

·
Super Moderator
20,962 Posts
Punching it's better.
Not that it'll save more gas, it's just more fun. :D
Plus, if the light turns yellow when you're that near to the light, you might as well just go through it. Hell, I've seen a cop floor it through a yellow before.

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
Punching it's better.
Not that it'll save more gas, it's just more fun. :D
Plus, if the light turns yellow when you're that near to the light, you might as well just go through it. Hell, I've seen a cop floor it through a yellow before.
LOL you don't get around much :lmao:

They'll floor it almost every time, when it is red they might put the lights and go through anyway :lmao:

I remember every day I got out of high school, some cop cars would turn the corner (police station was next door) and VROOOOM you could immediately tell the car was at WOT :lmao:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 9 of 9 Posts