GM Inside News Forum banner

What should I do?

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Banned
17,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So right now in the paper there are some interesting incentives. I just saw a 6 month lease pull-ahead with 1.9% APR on a 60 month loan for the 2008 Corvette.

This presents me with an "opportunity" (assuming such deals will exist for the next 2 months, which with the economy and current sales trends I think is likely). The opportunity is as follows....

I can pull the trigger NOW and order a 2008 Corvette Coupe 4LT with Q9V (Chrome Wheels), F55 (Magnetic Selective Ride Control), U3U (Navigation), and CC3 (Glass Roof) with an MSRP $61,275.00 and a GMS Price of $52,356.50. I'd get the car in about 8 weeks, at which point I'd place $10,000 down and finance the car for 1.9% APR for 60 months (for a payment of ~ $804.84). This would be early May and assuming 6-Month Pull-Ahead I'd have to absorb ONE payment of the Saab (@ $407) into the new deal (or just throw that much on top of the down payment). Which is great.

Now there are some trade-offs to this, the big one being that the finance deal, and pull-ahead programs MUST be in place. The second is by getting a 2008 instead of a 2009 I'd miss out on Bluetooth, the new Cyber Gray Metallic (I'd opt for the Arctic White on the 2008 since I don't like Light Platinum the only "Gray" choice in 2008), and the new Black on Black 4LT interior (I'd opt for Linen on the 2008). I'd also have to eat that one payment on my current lease. But I'd get to drive the Corvette this summer, and I'd have it NOW (which is always better than later).

So assuming the deals stay in effect, should I pull the trigger NOW or should I wait?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
9,043 Posts
Please do it now and then convince CobaltCrazy to do the same so all of us can quit hearing about car purchases years down the road.

·
Premium Member
36,167 Posts
I would wait for the 2009 Geo Metro 3-cylinder 5-speed with leather, fender skirts, genuine AM-FM radio/8-track, and little stubby antenna thingie in the roof. I hear they come with some serious Burger King incentives that are good for 6 year.

·
Banned
17,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Banned
17,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Premium Member
36,167 Posts
Cobalt is thinking way to far ahead. He needs to **** or get off the pot this year.
I guess the pot explains a lot about what he does. Since it's so much stronger than it used to be, the sooner he gets off it the sooner his thinking will clear up (we hope). :)

·
Banned
17,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Banned
17,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
6,830 Posts
So right now in the paper there are some interesting incentives. I just saw a 6 month lease pull-ahead with 1.9% APR on a 60 month loan for the 2008 Corvette.

This presents me with an "opportunity" (assuming such deals will exist for the next 2 months, which with the economy and current sales trends I think is likely). The opportunity is as follows....

I can pull the trigger NOW and order a 2008 Corvette Coupe 4LT with Q9V (Chrome Wheels), F55 (Magnetic Selective Ride Control), U3U (Navigation), CC3 (Glass Roof), and 45U (Velocity Yellow) with an MSRP $62,025.00 and a GMS Price of $52,956.50. I'd get the car in about 8 weeks, at which point I'd place $10,000 down and finance the car for 1.9% APR for 60 months (for a payment of ~ $816.12). This would be early May and assuming 6-Month Pull-Ahead I'd have to absorb ONE payment of the Saab (@ $407) into the new deal (or just throw that much on top of the down payment). Which is great.

Now there are some trade-offs to this, the big one being that the finance deal, and pull-ahead programs MUST be in place. The second is by getting a 2008 instead of a 2009 I'd miss out on Bluetooth, the new Cyber Gray Metallic (I'd opt for the Velocity Yellow on the 2008 since I don't like Light Platinum the only "Gray" choice in 2008), and the new Black on Black 4LT interior (I'd opt for Linen on the 2008). I'd also have to eat that one payment on my current lease. But I'd get to drive the Corvette this summer, and I'd have it NOW (which is always better than later).

So assuming the deals stay in effect, should I pull the trigger NOW or should I wait?
how important is bluetooth, that color, and interior color? I'd wait till summer and see if you can get 0% financing and if not then get the 09 since thats what you want and how often does a person purchase a 50,000$ car. Get it EXACTLY HOW YOU WANT IT!:yup:

Please do it now and then convince CobaltCrazy to do the same so all of us can quit hearing about car purchases years down the road.
hahahahhahaahahaha:lmao:, I haven't made a thread about my car purchase in a LONG TIME, so lets be fair:yup:.

Cobalt is thinking way to far ahead. He needs to **** or get off the pot this year.
how so? What are you referring to?

I was a finalist and applied for some externships. I'll hear in the next two weeks if I get either or both. Then, it just depends if my rents MAKE ME drive the Malibu Maxx all next year while they get a new car and THEN I'LL get my 09 Turbo Cobalt (possibly Solstice Targa/Coupe, though not probable, car is too girly and needs to have a fastback look otherwise no way, JMO) in April 2009 upon graduation...

or...I work at an externship, supplement it with my other job make almost 5 figures this summer and get the Cobalt SS Turbo by/around the Woodward Dream Cruise and have a tiresmokin good time in AA Senior Year.

Its one or the other.

CobaltSS

·
Banned
17,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
6,830 Posts
For the record, I don't get this pot stuff and my thinking is clear and rationale (though LS1 worshippers and Muscle car INTENDERS -as bad as import intenders- would disagree;))

CobaltSS

·
Banned
17,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was a finalist and applied for some externships. I'll hear in the next two weeks if I get either or both. Then, it just depends if my rents MAKE ME drive the Malibu Maxx all next year while they get a new car and THEN I'LL get my 09 Turbo Cobalt (possibly Solstice Targa/Coupe, though not probable, car is too girly and needs to have a fastback look otherwise no way, JMO) in April 2009 upon graduation...

or...I work at an externship, supplement it with my other job make almost 5 figures this summer and get the Cobalt SS Turbo by/around the Woodward Dream Cruise and have a tiresmokin good time in AA Senior Year.

Its one or the other.

CobaltSS
I say you get it now.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
6,830 Posts
I say you get it now.
I say so too:D, but I need 'parental support' as they co-signed all my student loans for U-M making me independent since its my loans, but still financially dependent on them:( hard to understand I know. Consequently, I'm not going to go against them, as I respect and Love them, and will ahere to their wishes.

I'm not going to complain with a 04 Malibu Maxx, though Tints, Rims, S/C (possible), Intake, and seats/seat covers Will be in order. Its as nice for this day and age as your Grand Am back in the day;)

But yes, I need to make north of 6 grand to have a shot a Turbo Cobalt this summer:yup: and I want the fully loaded coupe (with all THREE options, lol, High Wing 175$, Sunroof 750$, LSD 500$) in Victory Red.

CobaltSS

·
Registered
9,043 Posts
hahahahhahaahahaha:lmao:, I haven't made a thread about my car purchase in a LONG TIME, so lets be fair:yup:.
CobaltSS
Glad you have a sense of humor about it :) I couldn't help myself after seeing a thread about houses and you somehow managed to correlate it to a Cobalt. I understand your excitement I just hope you don't build up the Cobalt so much in your mind that the actual ownership experience, which is supposed to be the fun part, is a let down.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Go for the 'Vette right now. You'd be able to drive it in a month, instead of 13. :D

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
I would wait for the 2009 Geo Metro 3-cylinder 5-speed with leather, fender skirts, genuine AM-FM radio/8-track, and little stubby antenna thingie in the roof. I hear they come with some serious Burger King incentives that are good for 6 year.
Were you and Plane separated at birth?? ;)

Regardless, Du.......I say you wait.....it would be better in the end, in that you would be able to get your Vette exactly how you wanted, instead of having to take some tradeoffs and then regretting that in the end.....

·
Registered
9,751 Posts
Wait and get the exact car that you want. Why settle on something as major as exterior/interior colour when you're spending so much money on the vehicle?

Plus, you've got a great car right now as it is. It's not like you're driving some junky econobox that you can't wait to dump.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts