GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Simmer down now. This is just talking about recent recalls....and of serious nature. You know..... like safety belts, tires (on a vehicle that only has 2 of them), and fires.

Not you could claim BIAS, and I would agree with you if this article had the recall GM where the cubby lid pops open after a crash.

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
So, the frame rusting in two on a Tacoma wouldn't be serious?
You focused on one adjective....I used 2.

1) Recent
2) Serious

Is that better? I think the Toyota one is 6 moths old. Meh, on second thought it probably would be mentioned if I wrote the article. 6 months is pretty recent.

·
Registered
6,218 Posts
Sort of off topic a little: I was looking at the link and the recalls and saw the one for Enclave, Acadia and Outlook about the windshield wipers becoming inoperative when snow or ice buildups on the windshield.

Albeit, I have not read the actual recall but from the little blurb about it I couldn't help but laugh. Of course your wipers aren't going to work if there is half a foot of snow on your windshield and your wipers are encased in ice. This is the dumbest thing ever! I have an HHR that likely should be included in this recall, I've found the wipers didn't work very well when there pieces of ice stuck to it in the winter. I'd like to have them fixed if GM has found some amazing fix to that problem.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Albeit, I have not read the actual recall but from the little blurb about it I couldn't help but laugh. Of course your wipers aren't going to work if there is half a foot of snow on your windshield and your wipers are encased in ice.
The problem is the actual linkage comes apart, and that leaves you in a crappy situation unless it happens in the parking lot of a shop.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Here's the second-most recent CR blog post listing recalls:

http://blogs.consumerreports.org/cars/2008/06/vehicle-recalls.html

No GM or Ford? We all know they had recalls. This is clear anti-Toyota bias.

Edit: and here's the one before that, with two of the four listed recalls being for Toyota products:

http://blogs.consumerreports.org/cars/2008/05/vehicle-recalls.html
WTF are you on this forum for? Every time you test a GM vehicle you hate it and recommend something else, you always rush to defend anything foreign, and you drive a Kia.

I don't go over to ToyotaNation to tell them how much the Corolla sucks and rush to GM's defence. I just don't get it.

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
WTF are you on this forum for? Every time you test a GM vehicle you hate it and recommend something else, you always rush to defend anything foreign, and you drive a Kia.

I don't go over to ToyotaNation to tell them how much the Corolla sucks and rush to GM's defence. I just don't get it.
You are seriously and wrongly accusing ifcar of some bu11sh!t that isn't even there.

ifcar made an OUTSTANDING point. He posted Consumer Reports article about recalls from June which included a lot of imports, and no GM or Ford. You are reading too much into it, and I hope you see that.

The OP started this thread on a premise that is simply arguable at best......and absolutely not proven by his "proof".

Go ahead and sign up at ToyotaNation. There's a few Toyota haters that love all things GM.....they are as welcome as any person who abides by the forum rules. p.s. I seriously doubt ifcar even has an account there....but I do.

·
Premium Member
12,557 Posts

Defend anything foreign? he just posted two links which mainly included import recalls.

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Didn't he just make a reappearance? Didn't I see it in this very thread? It wasn't "PMC_the_1st" though, but it was PMC something as a screen name.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts

I used to post on Toyota Nation, but I found that there was minimal appreciation for anything short of glowing praise for Toyotas. I post on GMI because the community tends to be more mature about taking the bitter with the sweet.

So I guess what you're saying is that I should rethink that assessment?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts