GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys its me GMI's resident spy photog and I have just shot brand new shots of a Sebring tester Out in the wild. The driver behind the wheel was a formidable opponent but i managed to stick to him like glue long enough to catch these shots enjoy

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
and the last one unfortunately no interior shots this time around but I'll be ready next time project D decides to venture out again. Also unlike the other two Project D testers I've shot in the past this one has a red body, black front and rear bumpers, and different tires oh and I'll be sending these to BP as well wish me luck.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Project D? Besides the bumper color, the only thing I see different is the taillights, and "Sebring" is taken off the trunk. Is this a mule?

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
11,071 Posts
The transition from C-pillar to body seems to have been smoothed out some, and the rear (trunklid) seems to have been rounded out and lengthened.

·
Registered
464 Posts
It looks longer and lower. Less fussy details on the sheetmetal as well.

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Project D? Besides the bumper color, the only thing I see different is the taillights, and "Sebring" is taken off the trunk. Is this a mule?
Yes what you are looking at is a mule. as i stated in my last post the main focus of Chrysler's effort will be in the interior but the exterior will possibly receive some updates such as the taillights that are pictured. This tester was sporting a manufacturers plate and is the third tester that i have shot and the first one shot out and about

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
Great find!

·
Registered
727 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,033 Posts
Yeah, whatever. My vote is to dump the bumps on the hood.
And, while you're at it, ditch the rounded areas in the back.

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Great find!
Thanks guys i first spotted this tester in CTC as it went right by me on the other side of the road so i made a quick U turn and caught up with it just before it left CTC. To add a little more detail as well the headlights looked the same as the ones found on any other sebring and the whole front end except for the hood was black.

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I figured i'd write a brief update i did some more research and it turns out that this sebring may not be a full blown project D mule after all. however that does not mean these shots are worthless the mule pictured could have been testing some new components that might go into a future project D car (you never know). Anyway as usual I'll keep my camera ready for anything out of the ordinary and I will be heading back up to Romeo in May to look for ford testers hopefully I'll find something worthwhile

·
Registered
8,969 Posts
I used to bag on GM for doing this but since the G6 every new GM has done a much better job at hiding the ugly rear undercarriage that inevitably rusts and becomes even uglier. Why haven't they figured this one out yet. It makes their cars immediately one to two designs old right from the start.

·
Registered
11,898 Posts
I agree swede, Sebring, Avenger, Compass, Patriot, Caliber all show that tacky bare steel trunk well underneath. At the least they should spray it flat black from the factory

·
Registered
7,316 Posts
I used to bag on GM for doing this but since the G6 every new GM has done a much better job at hiding the ugly rear undercarriage that inevitably rusts and becomes even uglier. Why haven't they figured this one out yet. It makes their cars immediately one to two designs old right from the start.
The Grand Prix had things really well hidden in the back years ago. Then again, it has about 1/32 of an inch of ground clearance. It would be nice if everyone was doing rears as well as Lexus.

Cool pics man. I hope you strike gold someday. Just be careful getting these shots!

·
Registered
201 Posts

I really don't think there are any differences. I wish. The car is ugly.

I'm glad they're redoing the interior. I've been a passenger in one a lot, driven it a few times too. It's really bad, panel gaps and hard plastics. Blech. Gauge cluster isn't too bad, and the LED lighting is a good start, but yeah it needs an overhaul.

I really wish the exterior was getting a fix as well. I hope it will soon after anyway. It's horrendous. Ugliest car on the road today by far.

·
Banned
17,572 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
The Grand Prix had things really well hidden in the back years ago. Then again, it has about 1/32 of an inch of ground clearance. It would be nice if everyone was doing rears as well as Lexus.

Cool pics man. I hope you strike gold someday. Just be careful getting these shots!
Yeah I'm usually pretty careful when getting shots I don't venture onto the Chrysler compound itself (I wish to not find out how Chrysler security welcomes someone with a camera). Also since I drive a GM car I'd stick out like a sore thumb if I tried that. Anyway I try to get shots when testers are either on Chrysler drive or out and about on squirrel road, feather stone or any other public road for that matter. Similar rules apply when I go looking for fords as well. And Duspinnst If I do see you one of these days I'll be sure to wave right back (i'm a nice guy) and then snap a few pictures of the car your in:yup:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts