GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No fog lamps, black door handles, 15" wheels(?) - looks like a base LT model.

Nice to see a manual transmission inside!

I really hope the wagon follows.

Note to Lordstown: Keep those three shifts.

·
Premium Member
8,886 Posts
That is interesting. Quite nice.

I do wonder what's up with the dealer plates. Unless that's all GM could get onto the vehicle if it was offloaded from a boat in NYC.

·
Registered
76 Posts
If it's less than 30 mpg in the city, you may as well throw it in the trash.

GM is just not paying attention. I saw a Zen on the road the other day. I kid not. A Zen. Nice little car, all electric, and I'm already making calls to get one. I look forward to being able to never buy gasoline again.

The big three are screwed as long as they cling to old combustion engines. Necessity is the mother of invention. A company is going to get it right and soon. The company that does it will rule them all.

And that company is definitely not GM.

·
Premium Member
8,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

GM is just not paying attention. I saw a Zen on the road the other day. I kid not. A Zen. Nice little car, all electric, and I'm already making calls to get one. I look forward to being able to never buy gasoline again.

The big three are screwed as long as they cling to old combustion engines. Necessity is the mother of invention. A company is going to get it right and soon. The company that does it will rule them all.

Don't quit your day job...

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122123930467228645.html?mod=todays_us_nonsub_journalreports

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Ok, they put black tape over the huge chevy emblem in the front, which you can still see the shape, it's a CHEVY! Who cares if it's covered up, everyone knows what the emblem shape is...LOL. Oh well, when is this car coming, early 2009? That would be the thing to do, or maybe mid 2009, as a 2010 model. What ACTUALLY should happen is, this should be a 2009 model, and since we saw pics already, it should be avalilable right now, or Jan 1st 2009. I hate the fact that vehicles are out SO early, before production. It would really be an awesome fact if a vehicle wasn't shown till this late in the preceding model year, but that will never happen.

·
Registered
550 Posts

Yea, looks wonderful. :rolleyes:

I think the first one looks better, at least you can't see the shape.:lmao:

·
Registered
523 Posts
Very good-looking car, IMO. A solid contender to be my next car, if I can wait until 2010. Hopefully the sale date will be pushed up eventually. Ironically though, I passed by the local Chevy dealer this weekend and saw a very nice new Cobalt coupe. I think it may have had new wheels that really caught my attention. I hope there can be a replacement for the coupe when/if the Cobalt goes away.

If this is a base model, it still looks good. No steel wheels and hubcaps? Would that be a first for a base car in this segment, if true?

·
Registered
9,682 Posts

Yes, a four hour charge for 30-50 miles at 25MPH (ZENN specs) will surely turn the automotive world on it's ear. :rolleyes:

GM is investing heavily in battery technology to power regular cars further and faster on electricity alone than the ZENN EV while still being practical by having a backup power source.

GM is also investing heavily in Fuel-Cell technology that is completely ICE free.

Obviously, you haven't read anything relating to the automobile in 20 years.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts