·
Premium Member
7,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Re: Production Chevrolet Camaro Convertible Hits The Streets Of Melbourne

And this car will not be available for sale for TWO MORE YEARS for what reason???

At www.chevy.com/camaro, it states that the Camaro convertible will be on sale SUMMER 2010.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
god i love this car!!! Thank god for the new GM!

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
The "Mail Slot" looks functional too... but, there's nothing like the "SS" Camaro's hood from the late 90's early 2000's.... them be nice!!!

·
Registered
2,032 Posts

thats ugly
Your opinion is definitely in the minority. What is there not to like about this
beast?

·
Registered
594 Posts
might just be a v6 with a ss hood, as there are no brembos.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I agree, I loved those hoods. Heck, I just loved the old Camaro SS's. The interior on the other hand was just nasty. But between my brother and I, we had two TransAms. So it's not like my interior tastes were all that much more refined. :p:

Can't wait to see what the SS looks like in production/in-person. I think I do lean towards the "base" model looking more handsome however. This feels like a lot of tacked on stuff.

But it's not in production yet, so we'll have to see.

The "Mail Slot" looks functional too... but, there's nothing like the "SS" Camaro's hood from the late 90's early 2000's.... them be nice!!!

·
Registered
3,557 Posts

thats ugly
I think it looks "Evil, Mean, and Nasty," which is what a Camaro should look like! :D

The "Left Hand Drive" bumper stickers are a nice touch. Are those required down there or is GM just being super-extra-cautious?

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Seeing all of these test mules, something came to mind: where are all of these parts coming from?

If all of these mules have been assembled in Australia, are dashboards, seats, side panels etc coming from Canadian and US suppliers? I would certainly hope so, since part of building mules is to get your suppliers up to speed.

This launch must be costing GM MILLIONS if they are shipping parts to Australia.

BTW, awesome car and I'm proud that Canada gets to build it again.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Seeing all of these test mules, something came to mind: where are all of these parts coming from?

If all of these mules have been assembled in Australia, are dashboards, seats, side panels etc coming from Canadian and US suppliers? I would certainly hope so, since part of building mules is to get your suppliers up to speed.

This launch must be costing GM MILLIONS if they are shipping parts to Australia.

BTW, awesome car and I'm proud that Canada gets to build it again.
Not necessarily. There are boats bringing G8s over here, so it would seem cost effective to put something on them for the return trip vs. sending them back empty.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts