GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.autoblog.com/2008/07/10/production-camaro-details-coming-on-july-22nd/

We're admittedly tiring of the Camaro hype machine, but we can't fault the fanboys at 5thgen.org for keeping their pot of excitement on boil. The site threw up a countdown to the announcement of the production Camaro on July 22nd, which apparently will be held at all domestic Chevrolet dealers through a two-hour satellite broadcast. Retailers will be given all the details on the Camaro at that time and according to a source, "real orders for real cars" will begin being accepted.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I can hear the news reports now: "Clueless, money-losing GM shows it still doesn't get it, as it introduces another gas-guzzling V8 powered vehicle while the market shifts to smaller, more fuel efficient hybrids such as the Toyota Prius" regardless of how fuel efficient the V8 and V6 engine options are.

I fear that this could be a really bad time to announce the details.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I can hear the news reports now: "Clueless, money-losing GM shows it still doesn't get it, as it introduces another gas-guzzling V8 powered vehicle while the market shifts to smaller, more fuel efficient hybrids such as the Toyota Prius" regardless of how fuel efficient the V8 and V6 engine options are.

I fear that this could be a really bad time to announce the details.
Even if the news reports were informed of the lead time modern vehicles require, they'd still make these retarded jabs at GM. These lead times are the exact reason Toyota just launched a new Seqouia and Kia a BOF V8 SUV, the Borrego. They seemed like great ideas in 2005 when gas was still below $2. By the time they reach the market, its "wow, how could these car companies be so stupid?"

The media is a pack of ignorant, biased morons.

Here's looking forward to the 22nd.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
They are going to come out with a 4cyl Camaro just like the HHR SS
Good. I won't buy it, but I'd love to drive one. 260hp is solid. My 2000 Camaro has the 3.8L V6 and gets along fine with 200hp. I don't know what the weight difference is between the 2000 and the 2010, but 260hp is going to suit most people just fine - and trump Mustang, Challenger, and Genesis sales in the process

·
Super Moderator
21,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You read it wrong we will NOT accept orders on July 22nd. That's when they tell us details about how to order them...
Retailers will be given all the details on the Camaro at that time and according to a source, "real orders for real cars" will begin being accepted.
:confused::confused:

Accepting orders? Sounds like orders taken to me...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.