GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.cnn.com/2008/LIVING/07/19/house.car/index.html

Easton, Maryland (CNN) -- New appliances and vacation packages aren't unusual giveaways in the housing slump, but one woman is taking the unorthodox step of throwing in a car with the purchase of her home.
Catherine Poe is throwing in a Toyota Prius hybrid with the sale of her renovated Maryland house.

Catherine Poe is throwing in a Toyota Prius hybrid with the sale of her renovated Maryland house.

"My daughter came up with the idea," Catherine Poe said. "We're losing money on the house, and the Prius only adds to losing money, but we also realize it's time we really got to sell the house."

Poe and her daughter bought the 1907 three-bedroom colonial in Easton, Maryland, in 2005 as an investment property.

In the past, the pair has bought two historic homes within minutes of Maryland's shoreline, renovated and resold them during a red-hot housing market.

Poe said she and her daughter bought this house for $335,000, spent $300,000 restoring it and were hoping for a $40,000 profit when they first put it on the market.

But after more than a year of trying to sell it, taking it off the market and putting it back on, they say they're ready to cut their losses.

With gas prices hovering about $4 a gallon in most states, they hope the fuel-efficient Toyota Prius hybrid, which costs about $23,000 for a new model, will sweeten the pot even more.

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
That's crazy, I'd be surprised if the gimmick works personally.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Condo projects have been doing this for years here, though usually it's just a 1 year prepaid lease on an economy car.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
You know what else homes come with? Ovens, and washing machines, and toilets. I think a house coming with a Toyota actually makes a lot of sense.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
If I was buying a half million dollar house I don't think i'd give a **** about a twenty thousand dollar pos.

·
Registered
734 Posts
This only make sense if it was a Home Builder trying to sell the home. This gimmick is done to get you to buy the house. While at the same time the builder in that neighborhood is able to say the houses sell for $XXX,XXX. Then again we are talking about this house on GMI and who knows how many people will hear about this.

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
I have heard of prople throwing in cars with houses before. However, it is someone throwing in their Mustang or pickup truck because they are moving where they have less space for cars or don't want to deal with the hassle of shipping it or driving it.

·
Banned
1,083 Posts
You know what else homes come with? Ovens, and washing machines, and toilets. I think a house coming with a Toyota actually makes a lot of sense.
Not bad, not bad... :D
:lmao::lmao:

·
Premium Member
35,875 Posts
http://www.cnn.com/2008/LIVING/07/19/house.car/index.html

Easton, Maryland (CNN) -- New appliances and vacation packages aren't unusual giveaways in the housing slump, but one woman is taking the unorthodox step of throwing in a car with the purchase of her home.

"We're losing money on the house, and the Prius only adds to losing money,

Poe said she and her daughter bought this house for $335,000, spent $300,000 restoring it and were hoping for a $40,000 profit when they first put it on the market.
This looks like putting dumber money after dumb.
Watching "Flip That House" too many nights in a row will do that to you.

Maybe they'll throw in a couple of pairs of earth shoes and some tie-dyed sweatshirts too. :yup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts