GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Not bad. If you drive ~13k miles per year, you would save ~$1100. That's a payback period of 3 years.

BTW - I think these will be very popular with celebs and athletes.

·
Premium Member
8,886 Posts
I hope they lose the stupid HYBRID stickers on the side. Sheesh.

I know Cadillacs aren't supposed to be subtle, but ... sheesh...

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
I imagine that if you're buying a $70k SUV, the dealer will take it off for you (if it isn't optional).

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
I imagine that if you're buying a $70k SUV, the dealer will take it off for you (if it isn't optional).
I'm pretty sure it's standard - I have seen Tahoes on the lot and they all have it. Hopefully you're right about the dealer being able to remove it though (not that I'm buying one).

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Wow... the sticker is just a glaring example of how much GM just doesn't get it when it comes to hybrids.

If you have to put on 9 badges to show off that it's a hybrid, that probably means the styling is too similar to the gas model. People like to show off, but not when it's vulgar. especially not on $50k+ SUVs.

Plus hybrid suv is an oxymoron. Anyone interested in image more than fuel savings (99% hybrid buyers) isn't going to be looking at 3 ton SUVs.

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
How have the Lexus hybrid SUVs been selling?

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
How have the Lexus hybrid SUVs been selling?
The RXh sells like 1,500 a month. But... That's a lot smaller and more efficient than the Escalade hybrid. If Escalade was to get the same percentage of hybrid sales (which they wont since cadillac doesn't have a hybrid image) they would sell something like 600 a month.

Right now the Yukon and Tahoe hybrids combined sell ~500 a month.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Unfortunately, with GM's resale value history, and the way full sized suv's have tanked in the past few months, anyone buying this will have, HOPEFULLY, a $40,000.00 vehicle in less than one year.:eek:

·
Registered
380 Posts
OMYGAWWWWWWD I have never seen so many freaking crybabies EVER!

The 'Hybrid Decals' are merely STICKERS that PEEL RIGHT OFF. ANY DEALER WILL REMOVE THEM FOR YOU WHEN THE CAR GETS DETAILED FOR DELIVERY!!!!

The stickers simply help to differentiate the Hybrid from the non-Hybrid on dealer lots.
GM doesn't EXPECT you to keep the damn stickers on.

GET OVER IT!!

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
OMYGAWWWWWWD I have never seen so many freaking crybabies EVER!

The 'Hybrid Decals' are merely STICKERS that PEEL RIGHT OFF. ANY DEALER WILL REMOVE THEM FOR YOU WHEN THE CAR GETS DETAILED FOR DELIVERY!!!!

The stickers simply help to differentiate the Hybrid from the non-Hybrid on dealer lots.
GM doesn't EXPECT you to keep the damn stickers on.

GET OVER IT!!
But they do. Out of all the pictures on flickr, and all the used models on autotrader and cars.com, they have ALL had the "stickers" on.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I don't know about the Escalade, but as for the Yukon Hybrid, I do not know if the H Y B R I D decals running along the side are removable or not....I just do not know. The GMC's look permanent. The dealer will take care of it though if you don't want them I'm sure, which I wouldn't. Even if that is removed, there is still one in the upper left of the rear glass on the tailgate, an Hybrid emblem on the front fenders, one on the rear tailgate, a "H" with Hybrid below it on each of the exterior C pillars, one on the tach, one on the Nav when it is turned on, one on the engine beauty cover. GM doesn't let you or anyone else forget that you're driving a Hybrid! The GMC dealer where I live has had one Yukon Hybrid on the lot and it's been there out front since May. I believe there are $6K in rebates on it right now. I think I've seen one on the road that someone purchased. The rest around here I've seen are GM owned vehicles.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Is there an AWD Hybrid Escalade?

What is it's MSRP?

What is it's EPA mileage?

·
Registered
11,887 Posts
Some wheel-well black plastic faring, an aero-underbody plastic tray, rounding of the nose and a general smoothing of the bodywork. All this for a few hundred dollars manufacturing cost when designed in would probably get the type of fuel savings the Hybrid gets.

;)

·
Registered
154 Posts
god dammit i wish they would take that stupid hybrid decal off the side.
They come off easily and they are said to be an option when all of the hybrid trucks finally come out. They are on there now to show people that drive past the vehicle that GM is doing something to help the fuel economy of these larger vehicles.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts