News Contributor
5,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chevrolet Previews Performance-Inspired SEMA Cars
SS, Impala, Sonic and Cruze demonstrate possibilities of personalization
General Motors Press Release
2014-10-16

DETROIT
– Chevrolet today previewed several performance-oriented concepts of some of the brand’s most popular passenger cars, including the SS Sport, Sonic, Impala and Cruze. They will debut Nov. 4-7 in Las Vegas at the SEMA Show, the world’s largest convention of automotive aftermarket parts and accessories.

SS Sport concept
Inspired by Chevrolet’s motorsports heritage and its Australian lineage, the SS Sport concept gives the V-8-powered sports sedan a makeover that reflects its performance capability.

Unique features include:
  • Enhanced Some Like It Red Hot exterior with body-color door handles and mirrors
  • Chevrolet Accessories grille kit, fog lamp bezels, side fender vents and rear spoiler
  • Chevrolet Accessories stripes for the hood and deck lid
  • Chevrolet Accessories high-gloss black 20-inch wheels – 20 x 8.5-inch in front and 20 x 9-inch in the rear
  • Chevrolet Accessories wheel caps with the Holden logo
  • Chevrolet Accessories sport pedal kit and cargo net
  • Chevrolet Accessories floor mats and cargo tray with the Holden logo.

Sonic Performance concept
This performance-oriented Sonic hatchback concept draws on the legacy of Chevrolet’s high-performance vehicles reimagined for a new generation of enthusiasts. The Sonic Performance concept features engine performance, suspension/brakes and appearance upgrades designed to be installed by Chevrolet dealers for quicker and easier personalization.

The Performance concept package includes:

• A Chevrolet Performance Stage Kit, cold-air induction and a high-flow exhaust system allowing the 1.4L turbo engine to produce more power for a more exciting driving experience
  • A track-tuned suspension system developed by Chevrolet Performance. The suspension kit lowers the ride height for a sportier stance
  • Synergy Green exterior color accented with white, offset stripe package
  • Chevrolet Accessories white headlamp rings, tail lamp rings, grille surround, mirror covers and rear spoiler
  • Concept ground effects package
  • Chevrolet Accessories 17-inch aluminum wheels in white
  • Chevrolet Accessories carpeted floor mats, door sills and sport pedals.

Sonic Accessories concept
Built to highlight the personalization possibilities, Sonic Accessories concept allows mixing and matching of the latest accessories for unique treatments.

Sonic Accessories concept highlights include:
  • Summit White exterior color with an offset matte black stripe
  • Chevrolet Accessories white headlamp rings and tail lamp rings
  • Chevrolet Accessories black grille surround, mirror covers and rear spoiler
  • Chevrolet Accessories black 17-inch aluminum wheels
  • Chevrolet Performance suspension kit with lowered ride height
  • Chevrolet Accessories carpeted floor mats, door sills and sport pedals.

Impala Blackout concept

Redesigned a year ago, the 2015 Chevrolet Impala builds on the attributes that made it one of the most acclaimed new cars of 2014 – including being named the Cars.com Best Car of 2014 and one of Kelley Blue Book’s 12 Best Family Cars for 2014.

The Impala Blackout concept builds on the car’s aggressive, acclaimed styling with blacked-out cues that lend it a sinister attitude – all accomplished with paint and accessories available from Chevrolet. The simple-yet-effective formula includes: Chevrolet Accessories black grille surround, rear spoiler, painted mirror caps and 19-inch aluminum wheels.

Cruze RS Plus concept

An available RS package includes unique fascias, rocker moldings, rear spoiler and fog lamps, while an uplevel instrument cluster includes chrome accent rings in place of the standard silver finish, and opaque cluster bezels that allow the cluster’s ice blue backlighting to shine through for a sporty nighttime appearance.

Under the hood, the concept’s aggressive styling is matched with a performance-enhancing stage kit from Chevrolet Performance, as well as a concept fresh-air intake system for the 1.4L turbo engine.

*Full Press Release w/Pictures at Link

·
Registered
9,570 Posts
this is for SEMA and they are all "light" on the specialty equipment front and for the ^^ TT3.6 and AWD ^^ those would NOT be dealer "bolt on" but cold air systems and exhaust bigger turbo's chip tuners / "stage" kits would be

I believe these will be "wall flowers" at best at the show and get little "press"

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Wow, seems like a super weak showing this year. Last year they at least had the Corvette Atlantic and Pacific concepts, a few Camaros, and some other cool stuff. Oh well, I'll be there to check them out.

Sad that the Impala is the only one I'm even remotely interested in. I don't see anything special with the SS.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
GM usually has a very large display at SEMA so I'm sure there will be some surprises that aren't listed in the link.
Hopefully, or probably just a bunch of production cars. Last year all their debuts were shown beforehand so when I got to SEMA I was already excited about what I wanted to see there. There's nothing out of these that would make me rush through the show to check out ASAP.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I love the Impala Blackout.

I just wish it had a performance motor (3.6L TT) and suspension/drivetrain (AWD) as well.

With some subtle added styling modifications, could get close to the attitude of the 1994-96 Impala SS.

That would look great with a nicer wheel tire combo. The ones in the picture are way to cookie cutter imo.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I hope this is not everything... it seems like the high end product (Corvette, Camaro) get all kinds of performance variants and increased HP, but everything else is more cosmetic. Chevrolet needs a true performance entry level small car... Sonic or next gen Cruze with real HP... Impala (or Malibu) needs a TT 3.6 option.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I can't believe GM is putting Holden Logos on their Sema SS. Did they really run out of Chevrolet floormats? Is there anything less inspiring that could have been done?

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
cant wait to go to SEMA again!

·
Premium Member
News Contributor
5,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I love the Impala Blackout.

I just wish it had a performance motor (3.6L TT) and suspension/drivetrain (AWD) as well.

With some subtle added styling modifications, could get close to the attitude of the 1994-96 Impala SS.
Additional Thought: Could GM be inching towards a performance Impala (SS)? I read an article recently that essentially said Chevrolet is "looking into a performance Impala"

1 - 20 of 45 Posts