I second that!!!

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Oh what the hell......

·
Registered
259 Posts
What's that sound? I know! It's the sound of Porsche's idenity going down the toilet!

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Porsche should have bought whats left of TATRA years ago and used that name for models like this and there SUV.That would have left the PORSCHE name intact as a sportscar brand.They could have got Tatra for a steal after the wall came down. :microwave:

·
Registered
94 Posts
its gonna hurt their image ...eh maybe ...500hp aint bad for a 4 door heeh...well that is one 4 four door i would own...hurting their image or not

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
I dunno, I think it's a good thing; definitely better than adding an SUV to the range. The first 928 was sort of a breakthrough car for Porsche--it was the first time they offered a real Porsche that wasn't from the 911 mold, (I know I know, the VW-based 914 and 924 had already been introduced, which is why I say "real Porsche".)

I don't think a sporty sedan dilutes the Porsche image at all, and this one looks gorgeous IMO. If you're talking about screwing up Porsche's enviable high-performance image and heritage, I'd say the Cayenne is the vehicle that makes least sense for Porsche.

BTW, the biggest piece of crap car I've ever owned bar-none was my 1987 Porsche 944S. After I got rid of it, I did some math and figured out that the car had either been in the repair shop or was otherwise disabled for an average of about 1 week for every month I owned it. :plasma:

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I see alot of A8/Phaeton in it. Anyone else see it??

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
First an SUV now this? I believe the real reason is the snob appeal factor. Porche sees Mercades, BMW etc. moving downscale with smaller cars to sell more vehicles (snob appeal again) so they follow suit. Instead of moving downscale they slide over into different markets. It will probably work.

·
Registered
46 Posts
What's the big deal? Porsche was going to do the same thing in 1994.

·
Registered
953 Posts
You know, I really feel sorry for Porsche enthusiasts. The executives at Volkswagen AG are really screwing up big time by diluting the brand like that. Sure, they need to make a profit but why don't they redesign their current cars and make them look different from eachother. It's getting to the point where you can't tell a new porsche from an older one. Maybe they want to keep it's heritage intact but I doubt they care anymore if they're going to make a full line of vehicles including the Cayenne and this huge car.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Personaly, I like it. I dont see whats not to like. Becuase its not a rear engine turbo 6? :rolleyes:
People need to change image. Porshe is making a killing off the SUV. With a sedan, who wouldnt want one if they had the money? You have the Maserati, the S AMG series, maybe the A8L, and 760iL, and we will throw in the E55 for good measure since thats near 500hp. Id pick the porshe over all of thoes cars. Ok, maybe not Maserati, but a Porshe sedan with 500hp. Id get one.

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Originally posted by TaHoE@Feb 7 2004, 02:56 PM
I would take the Maserati over this anyday, hell I would take a Cavalier over this any day!
I take back the comment about the Cavalier, thats a bit harsh :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts