GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the august issue of PHR, news is broken that there WILL be a 2007 rear drive V8 camaro!.....

why have i not heard about it here?

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
There was an article writen here from the GMI staff members. If you do a search, im sure you can find it. It was writen some time ago.
As far as having the PHR article posted here on GMI, its a mag only editorial, and I have yet to see it posted onthere website.

Stay tuned to next months PHR as far as future Camaro plans. Make sure you stop by your local book store or 7-11.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
MABEY. 2007 is two model years down the road. If J Kerry wins this election you may never see a V-8 Camaro. You may never see a V-6 Camaro. My advice to anyone who is into V-8 muscle, buy whatever is out there now. Do not wait for what might be comming in a few years. SUV sales are starting to fall. Driving V-8's may become the equivilent of smoking in two years. Get one while you can.

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
The slight fall in SUV sales are related to John Kerry running for President? Couldn't it be the rise in gas prices which could be related to Bush's war? I don't see how Kerry winning the election could have an effect on V8 sales. If Kerry wins, are members of ELF going to win the House and the Senate? Hmmm.....

·
Registered
718 Posts
Originally posted by Hudson@Jul 18 2004, 03:09 AM
I don't see how Kerry winning the election could have an effect on V8 sales.
If John Kerry is elected, the odds of CAFE being raised will be substantially increased, especially if the Democrats take back control of the House and Senate. That would dramatically affect V8 sales.

I'm not going to vote for Kerry, but raising CAFE and reducing the production of full size trucks and SUV's may be a good thing. With increasing fuel demand in China and India and the possibility of oil production reaching a a peak within 5 years, I get a little concerned seeing so many people driving by themselves in 13 mpg SUV's and extended cab pickups.

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
Originally posted by ehaase@Jul 18 2004, 12:51 PM
If John Kerry is elected, the odds of CAFE being raised will be substantially increased, especially if the Democrats take back control of the House and Senate. That would dramatically affect V8 sales.

I'm not going to vote for Kerry, but raising CAFE and reducing the production of full size trucks and SUV's may be a good thing. With increasing fuel demand in China and India and the possibility of oil production reaching a a peak within 5 years, I get a little concerned seeing so many people driving by themselves in 13 mpg SUV's and extended cab pickups.
The chances of CAFE being raised with Kerry in the office are only SLIGHTLY higher than they are today. The Republicans would need much more than Kerry winning to lose the House and/or the Senate.

CAFE should be raised, especially on the truck side...but it will hardly affect V8 sales (or production). There's money in V8-powered vehicles and GM/Ford/Chrysler will continue to ride that gravy train. If CAFE rises, don't expect more than a couple of MPG...nowhere near the 40mpg the rumors had a few years ago.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
I dont want to break into a political debate...but last time a Dem was in office, gas was .89 cents and the SUV craze was at its peak. Lets not get carried away here. Gas price is going to go up due to massive demand in China.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts