GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This sad excuse of GM old-school design was sitting in the corner. I wonder if anyone will visit them when the show begins.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Well now that Cadillac found a great theme, I think it's time for Chevy. IMO the Suburban, Tahoe and Trailblazer need to be restyled. At least give us a more appealing grille.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I think most chevy exterior styling is pretty good and needs only minor updating. It's the interior's that need the most help. I like the direction chevy is taking with the HHR.

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
safari/astro are awesome :) what is that... basically an 18 year old design? i'm sure it'll be canned in a few years, but i see a use for it still. i used to like the short astros in black with nice rims...

*goran* did i just say that? eeek! don't tell.

·
Registered
122 Posts
GM must realize that design cycles are becoming shorter and more aggressive. Their starting to do that with some new cars to get back into the market. They should think the same for trucks since the competition is coming! ;)

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
The exits are placed strategically behind these cars for people wishing to hurl. :roflmao:

·
Registered
8,853 Posts
From a glass-half-full perspective, perhaps those vehicles are in the corner because there's so much else going on at GM that *some* vehicles have to be put off to the side. (I know, that's WAY corny). :D

But, with the exception of the Venture, I definitely like the somewhat subdued but clean lines of Chevy's trucks. And I agree with saabman; the interiors are where the real work needs to be done. Take a look at the artist's rendition of the 2006 Tahoe on page 36 of this month's Motor Trend. The exterior isn't all that different (granted it's a wee cartoon, but the overall design can be discerned from it, nonetheless). I'm hoping GM puts the cash into the interiors and powertrains (including a hybrid?!) for the next gen FS trucks than on radically changing the exterior, which is fine as it is right now.

And I have to say that I would NEVER be in the market for an Astro, but when I drove some people around in one for GM one summer, it performed flawlessly. In that sense, I was much less concerned about exterior appeal and more with powertrain performance and interior accoutrements. Besides, the Astro's a relatively old vehicle, and I can imagine that the profit margin is gigantic on it [and the Safari].

1 - 8 of 8 Posts