GM Inside News Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts
Originally posted by Ming@Feb 20 2004, 07:15 PM
It MUST be crash worthiness, because even the Suzuki Swift + in Canada is using the exact same front fascia as the Aveo... :(
do you know if the differences in the bumper requirements between canada and the states are significant? i know they're not the same... just wondered how much modification it typically takes to make american cars meet canadian standards.

Over here, where we get the GM Daewoo Kalos, we get both the "GM Daewoo" front and the "Chevrolet" front's. The 5dr hatches get the "GM Daewoo" front while the 4dr sedan get's the "Chevrolet" front. Surprisingly, there are just as many sedan's around as there is hatches. I think the 3dr hatch is expected to be released at the Geneva Motor Show??

Just a thought guy's, but what about the little Chevrolet Celta from South America?? I wonder if GM NA had a look at this car before they decided on the Aveo/Wave??
You won't find me bashing the Aveo all that much; I've driven one now, and it -does- drive above its price point, but this Celta thing has some funk to it: less cute, much more sophistication, and the dummy wheel spats make the wheels look considerably larger.

I think the biggest improvement, though, is the placement of the antenna, which is very annoying in the Aveo, in a very Ed-Grimley manner, I must say.

Ghrankenstein

I said it before and I'll say it again: we need an Aveo SS for the young tuner crowd. 17-18" wheels, ground effects, chrome mesh grill, manual transmission with a special "SS" shifter, bigger muffler, and an air intake.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.