GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Again, nice shots!

I like the grille more than the Aveo's that's for sure. Looks less like the Taurus oval grille.

GM just LOVES those gray interiors! Other than the Pontiac emblem and some chrome accents it looks the same as the Aveo shots from the auto show last year.

The wheel design makes the wheels look as puny as they are. :lol:

·
Registered
922 Posts
Man that looks so much better with bigger wheels. I realy hope that they increase the rim size in the near future.

·
Registered
809 Posts
At least there's a black panel or two in there somewhere. I wonder if there's actually a market for the tiny, cutesy Aveo? I'm 17 and I'm not exactly drawn to it.

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Originally posted by Rex Raider@Feb 12 2004, 06:41 PM
You want an Aveo with big wheels?

Here's the one from the show today.

Hehe- nice bling wheels, but that tint job can't be legal. :D Or is it, I can't tell, looks like the driver's window might be a little lighter.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I guess Ford and GM are thinking alike cuz its seems both are running out of ideas for new cars....first the Lemans now this fugly looking thing.....should call it CRAP!! cuz thats what it looks like or call it TRASH haha cuz prob after 40,000 ,miles theres probably where it will be headed along with the fugly Aveos.....GM WAKE UP AND SMELL WHAT TOYOTA AND HONDA ARE BUILDING!!! these small cars might be perfect for Japan or Korea not the US...I hope you guys dont bring this thing out i like the new pontiacs coming out but not this thing PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!IM A HUGE GM AND PONTIAC FAN dont do this to yours and mine "excitement" division it would kill what Bob Lutz is building for Pontiac dont ruin it with that thing...GOD JOB REX but if you got any in with GM tell them NO on this thing we dont need another Lemans

·
Banned
7,944 Posts
I guess Ford and GM are thinking alike cuz its seems both are running out of ideas for new cars....first the Lemans now this fugly looking thing.....should call it CRAP!! cuz thats what it looks like or call it TRASH haha cuz prob after 40,000 ,miles theres probably where it will be headed along with the fugly Aveos.....GM WAKE UP AND SMELL WHAT TOYOTA AND HONDA ARE BUILDING!!! these small cars might be perfect for Japan or Korea not the US...I hope you guys dont bring this thing out i like the new pontiacs coming out but not this thing PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!IM A HUGE GM AND PONTIAC FAN dont do this to yours and mine "excitement" division it would kill what Bob Lutz is building for Pontiac dont ruin it with that thing...GOD JOB REX but if you got any in with GM tell them NO on this thing we dont need another Lemans

Uhhhhhhh......relax guy.......punctuation is a good thing.

This car is for CANADA only, Pontiac in Canada is a little different.
Even since back in "good old days" Pontiac has sold a small econony car in Canada. The Astre in 1971, which later came to the US, the Acadian in 1976, which later came to the US as the T1000, and recently the Firefly, which was a version of the Geo Metro, thankfully this never made it across the border.

Toyota builds the crapbox Echo, Xb and Xa toaster mobiles, do you think these are better than the Aveo? At least the Aveo is $9995.

This car competes against bargain basement shoppers, who would otherwise go to Hyundai or KIA or some other cheapo new car.

Here is a hint, you cannot compete in a market, if you dont offer a car in it. Someone looking for a cheap new car now has another option, and frankly a better option. If I were in the market for a sub-$10,000 new car, I would choose the Aveo, there is bigger dealership network and at least it's a "name brand" car.

At least GM is in the game, where are Ford and Chrysler?

·
Registered
873 Posts
Originally posted by MCGARRETT@Feb 13 2004, 05:27 PM
This car competes against bargain basement shoppers, who would otherwise go to Hyundai or KIA or some other cheapo new car.

Here is a hint, you cannot compete in a market, if you dont offer a car in it. Someone looking for a cheap new car now has another option, and frankly a better option. If I were in the market for a sub-$10,000 new car, I would choose the Aveo, there is bigger dealership network and at least it's a "name brand" car.

At least GM is in the game, where are Ford and Chrysler?
Sure, I agree with you that there is a market for cheapo econoboxes, but is that really an excuse for making it THAT ugly?!? For example, squeezing 4 doors onto a car body that clearly has room for 2.
:huh:

·
Banned
7,944 Posts
I dont think that it's that ugly, it's no 1963 Corvette, I'll agree, but compared to what other masterpeices of design in this price category, the hatchback looks like a golf cart with doors. It's very space efficient. :lol:

·
Registered
8,945 Posts
It's the return of the Firefly... ugh! Not really a smart move, IMHO. The Chevy version is enough to ensure a presence in the bargain basement field.

·
Registered
264 Posts
The Pontiac Wave is much better looking than the Chevy Aveo. My question is: Will Pontiac add its customary firmer steering effort and tighter suspension? Let's hope so.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Originally posted by eshealy@Feb 13 2004, 02:42 AM
Ugh! Do you remember the 1980's Korean built Le Mans?
Actually I do. They were fun to drive, but [like a moped] I wouldn't want to be in one in an accident.
They make better beaters than cars you actually care about, too.

·
Registered
27 Posts
To all you guy's who like the Pontiac Wave compared to the Chevrolet Aveo and apart from the grill, what else is different between to two car's?? It's just that I don't see alot of differences between the two. Is it just because of the grill that you like one compared to the other?? <_<

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
the wave and aveo 5-doors might have just enough spunk to become kinda cult-cool. front's a little bland in both cases, but it gets a bit quirky towards the rear. it'd be great to see these cars do well... kinda earn that "it's ugly... i love it" thing the chevette had.

(don't laugh... i wish i'd been old enough to buy a new chevette. woulda been a FANTASTIC first young-guys car!)

·
Banned
11,892 Posts
why didn't they use the Kalos headlights they look more sporty and to differentiate it from the Aveo

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
Originally posted by Butz@Feb 20 2004, 06:15 PM
why didn't they use the Kalos headlights they look more sporty and to differentiate it from the Aveo
man you're right! mighta been crash-worthiness problems (since it might have a different bumper under that front fascia), but it sure woulda looked better!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts