GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
I like the wheels, headlights, hood, windshield,
I hope the grill will be different more Solstice like, your concept is fine but Pontiac's style is evolving and I hope the Torrent continues this evolution.
Is your concept only a two door?

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2 big doors, 2 little suicide doors. Like the Ion coupe.

That bodystyle would reduce "overlap" by being slightly different. Also gives Pontiac a "sportier" style.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
too much equinox into this. Needs less smooth lines, and more sharp lines. More like a large Vue then a Equinox.
and I 2nd the Mitsu front end. Despite what most people think, I kinda like the Aztek nose to a point.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I appreciate the quality of your chop as usual Rex, but I hope this is exactly NOT what we get from Pontiac. I've been harping on this a lot lately, I know, but Pontiac needs an SUV like Buick needs a monster truck. If they absolutely have to have one, I hope it is more car like (think SRX) than truck like. A much lower ride height and sleeker body styling would make a much better statement of the Pontiac "excitement" theme and would facilitate better performance characteristics, too.

Torrent should be a cheaper SRX.

·
Registered
151 Posts
WOW. . . That's definitely what I was thinking about. This would make way more sense for Pontiac than a slightly modified VUE would. I think that looks great, Rex.

Am I alone on this one?

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Rex,
The second chop looks OUTSTANDING!

·
Registered
151 Posts
With all the press releases calling it a "Sport Wagon" I would be disappointed, more like disgusted if we didn't something very close to your second chop, Rex.

It's perfect.

I'll take one in silver, please.

:afro:

·
Registered
790 Posts
Originally posted by Mr_Pringle@Apr 30 2004, 09:25 PM
the concept is fine- the suicide doors, great-- but the front looks like a mitsu... :unsure:
thats what i was going to say! good job, just not my bag of tea. i hope for a more car like front end, for a sportier look.

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Keeps getting better!

My last niggle might be that the lower portion of the headlights are a bit too angular. Without affecting the size and basic shape, I'd round them off, similar to the way the Vibe's headlights taper upwards. My design philosophy dictates that - aside from wheels - sharp geometric shapes shouldn't co-exist with the rounded grille, for instance. It's go all the way cadillac style, or go all smooth and rounded.

The alternate way to achieve that would be to "sharpen" the grille.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts