GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My latest drawing. Didn't come out as aggressive I wanted to, but I think it came out ok, though still one of the ugliest design. I tried not to overdo it, and tried to make it as clean as posible. Not sure if it did but.

Hope you like it, and, I need some tips of how to improve it, in proportions and all.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Few New sets.

Let me know if any of these came out OK, for they all sorta look alike.

·
Super Moderator
20,962 Posts
Something I've noticed about your drawings is that they all look more or less the same. They may be different sizes or lengths, but the basic body structure is similar in all. Try experimenting with different designs, it'll give some variety to your drawings.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanx for the tips. I will try. It's just that I am short on ideas that will will make it look original. I will try some different approach.

Thanx.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A new one. For this, I kinda burrowed the headlights from Torred's Speedster drawing(made it a bit larger), and burrowed the tail-light design a bit from the Aston Martin. Still doesn't look right, and I spent some time with it, but the proportion still isn't right. That, and some other problems, but.... Enjoy.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
I say do-away w/the G5/etc monikers. Give your drawings real names like they deserve! :)

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, this one was actually intended as an entry of the drawing contest for G5 on the other site I post in. Yeah, I am NEVER a fan of G moniker, but since this was done for that purpose, well..... It still have a lot of problems as you can see, and serious proportion error, but I am going to keep trying to improve my drawings.

Thanx.

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
Honestly, your latest drawing looks great. The lines are very neat, and your perspective looks better than ever. Great job on it!

-Chase

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
I draw as well, though only side 2D perspective drawings. I guess some of the proportions in my drawings may be too big or small. I have trouble drawing 3D images of cars so I usually don't draw them. I draw all of my drawings w/a pen of some kind(B/c I don't really like pencils at all) & they are all freehanded drawings. I also never(or rarely) draw wheels on them either.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, I too, am more comfortable drawing the side view. But, since the other site I post in, in their contest, they required the entries to have more than one view, so that's when I started drawing the 3D version, which I still suck at. When I was still in college(Long time ago), all of my car drawings were the side views, since it was simply the easier way, but since you can't see the front or the rear view, that is not good enough for these contests, so....

Also, yeah, I ENVER use pencils. I don't know why, but I think I am just more comfortable using the pen, and cleaning up the mess using GIMP later on. I found that more comfortable. So....

I still have to learn a lot and since all my drawings are pretty much all crooked, or have serious problems in proportion and balance and all, I will try to practice more.

But, Thanx.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts