GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
That's really good. It's probably a good representation of what it will look like.

Unfortunately, it doesn't shout "sport" to me, just like I doubt the production model will.

As long as it doesn't end up looking like a KIA Rio Cinco wagon from the side....

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Its okay, doesn't really look like a Pontiac or a Minivan or an SUV. It just looks like the Aventra its based on.

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
Aztek DNA should be filed away for 65 million years, so that in the future, an action/horror movie can be made about it.

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Originally posted by Rex Raider@Nov 15 2003, 12:10 PM
Aztek DNA should be filed away for 65 million years, so that in the future, an action/horror movie can be made about it.
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the new sport van will have the "front end of the Rendezvous / Aztek, and the rear of a Venture".... :eek:

Real horror show.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by Ming+Nov 16 2003, 01:37 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Ming @ Nov 16 2003, 01:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Rex Raider@Nov 15 2003, 12:10 PM
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the new sport van will have the "front end of the Rendezvous / Aztek, and the rear of a Venture".... :eek:

Real horror show. [/b][/quote]
I think the styling mistakes of the aztek (mainly the rear tailgate hatch area), won't be repeated. I think it's likely that the unskinned front end will be the same as the rend/aztec. But the skin, facia, and headlights will be different enough to be distinguishable.

I expect the shape body midsection of the vans to remain nearly the same. but, as with the rendezvous i expect the rear tailgate and hatch area to take on a more Suv like approach and not be van like at all. I think the side sheet metal will be new as well. I think the mid size suv's point the direction there.

The reandezvous and aztec were the first crossovers engineerd off of the midvan platform. i expect the new crossovers to be a progression from there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts