GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Maybe it's just my imagination, but I think I see new lines (creases) in the front bumper/fascia. These really look a lot better than the totally round shape I remember from before.

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
Originally posted by Dumb_Ass_2003+Jan 4 2004, 10:39 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dumb_Ass_2003 @ Jan 4 2004, 10:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-coolcaddy@Jan 4 2004, 08:36 PM
Huh? This is a production (or near-production) vehicle? Isn't that bumperless front-end illegal?  :huh:
I think this probably qualifies as a bumper........
[/b][/quote]
I think the rule is that the bumper must be able to withstand a 5mph impact without damage. It looks to me like that front grille wouldn't be able to meet that standard. :blink:

·
Registered
1 Posts
The bumper must be able to take a 5mph impact without damaging any other portion of the car.

This should do the trick quite nicely.

I have to be honest, I've never once in my life considered buying a Pontiac, but the Solstice has me sold.

·
Banned
7,944 Posts
Anyone think that the 4.2 I6 from the Trailblazer will fit in there? How about the 3.5 I5? Not that I am complaining about the Solstice, I love the Solstice just like it is, I cant wait to drive it, I am just brainstorming about different ideas!

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Originally posted by MCGARRETT@Jan 7 2004, 05:24 PM
Anyone think that the 4.2 I6 from the Trailblazer will fit in there? How about the 3.5 I5? Not that I am complaining about the Solstice, I love the Solstice just like it is, I cant wait to drive it, I am just brainstorming about different ideas!
no way, the 4.2 is longer then an 8.1 V8 I belive. If they can fit teh 4.2 in there, then a V8 is a deffinate go!! mmm LS2/7 in that thing... 500hp in a 2900lb car... :woot2: As for the I5, I think its still too long.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Ok, so if it is a 2006, we wouldnt start building it untill June 2005? I have heard that only 600 people is needed on each shift to build it. That is about half of the people we have now on 1 shift building the Saturn L series. If you have less than 28 yrs. it dont look good. Does anyone have any information about this?

·
Registered
48 Posts
What does it look like with the top up? No pics of it yet, and I'm thinking that with the lid closing, it appears, directly behind the front seats, the top will have to drop off very abruptly just aft of the passenger compartment. I'm betting the whole getup looks a bit awkward.

But with the top down, she's SOOOOOO SWEET.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Originally posted by mgescuro@Jan 4 2004, 04:08 PM
:laughbounce:
YAY!!!!!!
Almost exactly like teh concept!!! I love it!!!
According to something I read, it's 4 inches taller than the concept, and 5 inches longer. A huge difference.

It's a bloody miracle that having grown so it still looks almost as good as the original. My hat's off to the designers who pulled it off.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Originally posted by ammca66564@Jan 8 2004, 10:57 PM
What does it look like with the top up?  No pics of it yet, and I'm thinking that with the lid closing, it appears, directly behind the front seats, the top will have to drop off very abruptly just aft of the passenger compartment.  I'm betting the whole getup looks a bit awkward.

But with the top down, she's SOOOOOO SWEET.
Here at Solstice Forums there's a pic of a conceptual clay model with the softtop up-- But the car in the picture is so different from the production car-- I just can't see a top of this style fitting right. I do fear an awkward top as well...

·
Registered
56 Posts
For states or provinces that require a license plate on the front-end, does anyone know how they're going to manage to attach a plate without spoiling that nice front-end? Has anyone thought of this? It seems like there's nowhere to put it without covering up the grille itself. Then it won't look good. That sucks.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Originally posted by rhett_oracle@Jan 12 2004, 12:40 AM
For states or provinces that require a license plate on the front-end, does anyone know how they're going to manage to attach a plate without spoiling that nice front-end? Has anyone thought of this? It seems like there's nowhere to put it without covering up the grille itself. Then it won't look good. That sucks.
That would suck. to mess up that sweet looking frontend. But I am sure they will figure out something.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Originally posted by rhett_oracle@Jan 11 2004, 07:40 PM
VERY good point, this never occured to me. I did see the car live today though and it looked like the best pontiac I've ever seen in my lifetime and, based purely on looks, it seemed like a better competetor for the Z4 and SLK then the Miata. But for $20K I'll accept the power loss and just toss on my own turbo

1 - 20 of 49 Posts