GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I thought the Solstice was going to be supercharged. I don't see a blower in those pics. Is it packed in beneath that engine cover right next to the intake manifold, or is it just not there?

·
Registered
13,157 Posts
GM has outdone itself with this car!

Hope the car weighs in less than 3000 lbs though with the supercharged 4.

Thanks for the heads up on this beautiful car.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
amazing, pure and simple. What an interior!! This is easily best in class, and i suspect the standard engine will be the 2.4 170hp ecotec... Who can ever look at a miata or an mr2 again?

·
Registered
522 Posts
:D Earlier today, I read a posting, on this this site, where some misguided lad refered to Bob Lutz, as "Boob Lutz". He felt that the GM vice-president did not understand that people don't want boring cars. I'm not sure where he acquired such an inaccurate assessment of Mr. Lutz? I'd like to know if he is ready to eat those words, now?????

Solstice is phenomenal! Interior and exterior! It's platform mates ain't too shaby either!!!!

·
Registered
475 Posts
Looks okay, other than that... *yawn*

Hardly a performance car.

It reminds me of the face of an old black and white cartoon. The other two "Solstice-esque" cars are pure fugliness, the Solstice is much, much more appealing.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Looks great! Looks like a concept car. I hope GM gets the handling and other factors right, but they have a great start with the interior and exterior styling.

Mark

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
First all the pictures of the new Vette and now the Solstice....these are some beautiful cars. I can't wait to see them on the road!

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
I've got to post again. I LOVE the interior and the color combination. They have dark on the bottom (especially the floor mats which gets all the dirt) and lighter on the top. The seats look great and supportive. I hope it's roomier than the Miata.

The steering wheel looks great too - look familiar though. This is the one the Corvette should get!

This is definitely from a different GM than we were used to 5 years ago, and that's a good thing. Good job GM!

Mark

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
“The GTO and Solstice complement each other by offering ‘book-end’ approaches to Pontiac’s performance offerings,” said Myers. “Like its V-8 powered stable mate, Solstice adds another dimension to a growing lineup of clean, uncompromising performance vehicles.”

I would have preffered anytime the bird instead of the monaro (errrr, sorry, the gto)...

·
Registered
475 Posts

At least this will clear up any delusions about the physically possiblity of a v8 Solstice.

Granted this car is much more likely to come with tickets to broadway and a YMCA membership than it is a V8.

·
Registered
190 Posts
YAHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is an awesome aniversary present to me!!! Now for the date to come around to be able to order one. Way to go GM!!!!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

·
Registered
10 Posts
TAFreak, stfu

The only thing I ever see you post is negative comments. If you don't like any of the cars being released by General Motors, then go find another brand!

·
Registered
105 Posts
I too think this car is dead on! However I would absolutely LOVE To see it with a supercharger option. I MEAN THE SATURN concept has a supercharged 2.2L Ecotec that makes 200 hp and 230 torque (correct the figures if I'm wrong) so why bother with the 2.4L ecotec making 170 hp and torque on the solstice when there is a better solution. I guess it could be an issue of price? Oh well, maybe it will come along but even without a charger, this is a SERIOUS car where at the right price, I think could do soem serious miata dethroning!
-Mike Diaz

·
Registered
233 Posts
GREAT pics of the innards. GM's is starting to engineer cars? Bob's making me want Pontiacs forthe first time since the 60's.

j

·
Registered
922 Posts
Drop dead gorgeous!!!! I want one really bad for my Sunday driver!!! This thing is sooo close to the concept... its awsome. Interior is great too, they did a great job in such a short time.(hopefully they dont have probs becuase it was rushed) Great pics of the space frame..kinda cool to see. Saturn uses space frames.. so will these cars get polyomer panels?

·
Registered
723 Posts
The car is PERFECT!! Now to the guy who keeps bashing Bob Lutz, okay lets get Ron Zarrella back and lets see just where GM would be. I can tell you right now, no GTO,no Solstice,and the G6 would probably look like an Aztek,CTS-V would have only a V6, the next Corvette would probably be a FWD with V6 power and the GM Performance Division wouldn't even exist. Sorry, I'll support Lutz all the way.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hoooooooly...

I fell in love with the concept Solstice at first sight. It was a car that not only revitalized my interest in Pontiac and GM, but in cars in general. It instantly became my dream car, and made Bob Lutz something of a personal hero.

I think I'm falling in love all over again. :D

While I'll miss some of the concept's nice touches (the information screen was a bloody neat idea), this is one of the nicest concept-to-production transitions I've ever seen. And its new stablemates, while not quite my cup of tea, are impressive pieces in and of themselves.

...But is there any hope for the Lightning? :lol:

1 - 20 of 135 Posts