GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

So I was helpin dad go through stuff in the garage, and I came across this crazy looking car on a folder I had back in Jr. High (prob 8th or 9th grade)... The Pontiac Rageous concept.

I'd completely forgotten about that concept til now, and still think it's a sharp lookin car that, w/ a few changes, could be a really cool looking G6. Put it on a shortened Zeta platform for RWD and make the DI 3.6 as standard w/ an optional beefed up 5.3L good for say 350 or 375 HP.

The horrible concept interior below definately needs to go lol

As do the SOOOOO 1990's body cladding that have those "flares", etc (such as at the bottom of the doors). Clean up the body a bit and it'd look pretty outrageous IMO.

·
Registered
13,337 Posts
Thanks for the reminder! As over the top as it was, I loved the aggressive front end with that "nostril"...if the G-8 had even 10% of the style of this car I'd find it visually appealing vs. dated and boring.

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
If it goes into production, I propose changing the names from the Rageous to the Diculous.
Producing this would be no more 'diculous' than giving an El Camino to Pontiac and calling it a 'sport truck'. That's like calling the Dodge Caravan a 'sport van'.......

·
Registered
698 Posts
Wasn't the 'Rageous supposed to be a 4 door Trans Am concept or something to that effect?

I liked the car, hated those 3 spoke wheels, tho. I loved the idea of making a fairly big car a hatchback, although that arrangement is more like my old Aztek's were, with the tailgate AND a hatchback. The only way that worked was with the pull out tray (like the ones in Saab wagons). Then it worked well.

It would have made a cool car, tho.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
that isn't bad just like many other GM/Ford/Chrysler concepts of the 90's. That awful interior with a few tweaks would look better than the current Civic's interior.
The problem is Aztek concept was also not bad, we all know how GM made the production version.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
that isn't bad just like many other GM/Ford/Chrysler concepts of the 90's. That awful interior with a few tweaks would look better than the current Civic's interior.
The problem is Aztek concept was also not bad, we all know how GM made the production version.
That was Pontiac's main problem in the 90s. I think the direction they were going with the brand was awesome. Way better than whatever is is they are doing now. It was the execution that made them a joke.

But yes, this thing is very very cool. And very unique. Do you remember u-n-i-q-u-e GM? You know, that thing Pontiac use to be.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I do remember this concept. Pontiac is just too bland now, and should use this as inspiration for up coming vehicles. Seriously, Pontiac had more soul then than they do now. As far as design goes, they really should to step it up!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.