GM Inside News Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Christ on a shingle.... they are two different classes. So the design style is similar. That's like saying the Impala and the previous gen. Malibu are the same simply because they shared a lot of styling cues. Fine, here is some technical data.

Monaro
Wheelbase = 2788 mm
Length = 4789
Width = 1841
Height = 1397

Commadore
Wheelbase = 2788
Length = 4868
Width = 1842
Height = 1440

OMG they have the same wheel base. :eek: The Impala and the Monte Carlo have the same wheel base. Are they the same car? The Monaro and the Commadore are two different cars. Period. And I'm not going to argue that point any longer.

·
Registered
316 Posts
haha. remember the 1995 - 1999 monte carlo and lumina? ok, good. that is a perfect example of what this holden 4 door and the GTO are. exactly like GNX just said, it's that simple. the new MC/Impala have completely different skin, these two cars on the other hand, do not. thanks for busting out the stats though...it helped a lot...

·
Registered
316 Posts
i really like it as i said in my first post. i've been thinking some lately about buying a different car, but i can't afford anything new...i want a 4 door that isn't huge but has RWD, something like this would work perfectly, but there hasn't been anything even close to it made in the last 10 years. it's really quite frustrating. i think something like this, or possibly even a smaller 4 door RWD model could be huge for GM in america. unfortunately, it doesn't seem like they plan on giving us anything like it anytime soon...

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
It looks good, but I think Pontiac needs to create its own ground up designs, like the Solstice. Holdens to me look dated, and slightly bland. Good photoshop work though. :)

·
Registered
131 Posts
I don't really see the point of this car. I do like the front end, but I think it would look better on a vehicle higher off the ground, like maybe the Aztec replacement. But then you should lessen the curve at the front of the hood.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I agree that Holden has a "dated" look across the board. They are about 5-8 years behind, IMO. This version of the Commodore seemed to have the most freshened look. I'll attempt to do something about the rounded portions.

3eb, sorry for getting into that whole arguement. It was fairly pointless I'll admit.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Restyled front end and a touch ups on the side. I haven't changed the headlights because nobody has convinced me that there's anything wrong with them.

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
Originally posted by CyberianHusky@Jul 4 2004, 06:30 PM
Restyled front end and a touch ups on the side.  I haven't changed the headlights because nobody has convinced me that there's anything wrong with them.
In my opinion, the headlights are just ugly. I think the shape is wierd, and that the lights (if you consider them that) look starnge, they have no bezels or bulbs. ;)

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I like that version

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Despite the fact that this is a concept, I guess people are afraid of "new" and "different" things on a car. I've seen people rave about cars with even goofier headlight designs. But I guess what people really want is what they are used to. Btw, the lights were projector lamps. One large lamp and a series of smaller ones.

·
Registered
67 Posts
if pontiac does make the gto into a 4dr version also i think thats a good looking sedan to really bust BMWs bubble.......or it could be the next Bonneville would be nice to have something sporty and sexy and definitely put a dent into BMWs 7series sales and maybe a coupe too but i think thats a bit too much but hopefully its a future production car of whatever

21 - 35 of 35 Posts