GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
pur·view ( P ) Pronunciation Key (pûrvyōō)
n.
The extent or range of function, power, or competence; scope.
Range of vision, comprehension, or experience; outlook.

There's really no place for a car of this class in the current lineup, but it's just a concept.

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
Originally posted by CyberianHusky+Jun 27 2004, 08:47 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (CyberianHusky @ Jun 27 2004, 08:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-nsap@Jun 27 2004, 05:24 PM
The headlights are wierd...  "Former Sunfire", sadly it is here to stay...
I thought I read it was going to be phased out in a few years. Whoops. [/b][/quote]
I don't think Pontiac even knows when it will be getting the axe :lol: I was told that a replacement was still in "research". :(

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So are the headlights wierd because of the shape or the odd light configuration? I know the line in the middle is strange. I am probably going to replace those with LEDs

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Sorry, but I'm not in love with the name. I keep on saying PERVERT when it's PURVIEW. Anyways, could you try and change the lights? Nice chop though!

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry. I don't see the resemblance to the GTO.

RCTennis, I was wondering when someone would make a "pervert" joke about the name. It's hard to come up with creative names these days. Even car manufacturers have to sit down and have meeting after meeting to name a new car.

Anyway, I spruced up the headlights a little and gave them some lighting effects. But again I have to ask what bothers people about the lights. Shape or the configuration?

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'd actually be happy with a Sunfire replacement like that if I ever does get replaced. It's a whole lot better than the fugly Pursuit and Cobalt!

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
I really think this would be too big for a Sunfire replacement. This looks about G6 size. ;) But, its a pretty good chop.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Originally posted by atlantaballer101@Jun 28 2004, 04:45 AM
looks to much like the current GTO, but looks good
I thought it was the GTO ;)

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
You took a Commodore, and changed the headlights a little bit, and made it 'Goat-ish'....I don't really think Purview is a good name either.......Good chop though...

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I love when people spell out what you did. lol Yeah, I changed the lights (a little bit?), the grill, the mirrors, and added that cool Solstice dent. ok, fine. I dropped the "Sunfire replacement" angle. I was hoping you would imagine it was a little smaller, hence "maybe a smaller version would replace the Sunfire". ;)

Maybe people don't like the name because they never heard of the word "purview". Got any suggestions? And please spare me all the really bitchin' animal type names. We did that in the late 80's.

·
Registered
316 Posts
i think it looks really nice, the headlights look alright now, the color was just a bit odd at first IMO. it looks like a GTO because it basically is the same car only a 4 door, but i think the design works better for something like this that it does the GTO. easy way to go with the name would just be something traditional like tempest, lemans or ventura....i know that's kind of a cop-out, but yeah, purview doesn't sound real great at all. a nice chop though, i'd drive it.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
by the way.. for those who compared it to the GTO.
I really don't see how you can draw a connection between the two, other than they were derived from Holdens. Even the "donor" cars are in different classes. I suppose the rims are similar. :rolleyes:

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
Originally posted by CyberianHusky@Jun 29 2004, 03:06 PM
I really don't see how you can draw a connection between the two, other than they were derived from Holdens. Even the "donor" cars are in different classes. I suppose the rims are similar. :rolleyes:
Holdens are easy to relate with one another. It doesn't really look like a GTO, but it is a Holden with a GTO-like grille. ;)

·
Registered
316 Posts
I really don't see how you can draw a connection between the two, other than they were derived from Holdens. Even the "donor" cars are in different classes. I suppose the rims are similar.
it's quite simple really, since all of the lines along the sdie of the car are exactly the same with the exception of ground effects and fender flares on the holden and it being a four door. otherwise the side skin is virtually exactly the same, it's really not that difficult to see. just because one is a 4 door and the other is 2 doesn't make them that different.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts