GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
I just wish that GM would sell this car in the States.

I want one!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
i like it better than the cobalt too! :plasma:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Originally posted by boblutzfan@Feb 12 2004, 12:16 AM
I just wish that GM would sell this car in the States.

I want one!!
I do like it better than the Cobalt, can't wait for the GXP. And by the way us Canadians don't get the GTO untill it is re done, that's about 2 years. :(

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I really like it, it reminds me of a cross between the Mazda 3 and Mazda RX-8 two of my most favorite cars...I am impressed, it looks better than the Drawing (which is strange) and it looks better than the Cobalt (which isnt).

·
Registered
49 Posts
I like it, but the dash and console look kind of cheap. Steering wheel and gauge package look decent though. Reminds me of a scaled down G6. Is a 2 door available?

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
At the Chicago show this year I was mightily impressed by the good looks and classy finishing I saw on a Cobalt sedan. (Which is, I say, a much bwetter looking car than the coupe.) It was obviously the top of the line model, and it looked genuinely nice - a quality piece that should hold its head high against the Corolla and Civic.

I don't understand why GM doesn't want to sell a Pontiac version in the states. Are they capacity constrained or something like that? It's surely a great improvement over that old dog the Sunbird or Sunfire (<and I say this from experience of having rented 'em - sad excuses for cars), or whatever the heck they're calling it this redo.

Bring on the Pursuit, GM. It's good goods.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Anyone else think it looks a little to civic like (minus the poncho grill) Front end wise?..Like a ..96-00 civic (i don't know hondas). Interrior is A+ in my book though, light years ahead of the sunfire.

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
The instrument panel of this car (and the Cobalt) are nearly identical to the VW Jetta's (without the whitewash treatment). Well, at least GM's copied the class leader of small-car interiors. Luckily, the 5-year-old import themes GM has been copying are still alot better than the GM products they replace. I'm glad Germany and Japan were not automotive powerhouses in the 1950s and 60s. Back then, when there was nothing out there worth duplicating, GM did some pretty cool and original stuff.

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
am i the only one that rather have the cobalt.
This Pursuit is an uplevel model; the Cobalt SS 4-dr will look much more like this. The Pontiac grilles integrate very well into the design, though. It reminds me of what I thought of the first 4-dr Cobalt pics, kind of like a baby Maxima, with a really ****y, arrogant profile.

Still, I'll wait until I see a 4-dr Cobalt SS, and the Pontiac from the back, before I hold this very hip Pursuit against Chevrolet.

Ghrankenstein

·
Registered
830 Posts
Originally posted by eshealy@Feb 11 2004, 09:20 PM
Is a 2 door available?
That's what I want to know. I like it better than the Cobalt sedan, but I'd have to see a coupe before making a final decision.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Exterior is better than Cobalt. Interior is good, but I liked the softer colors in the Cobalt better. Badge engineering for sure but the Pontiac nose gives it a sportier look. Can't wait to see it live on Friday.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts