GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are pictures of the new Pontiac Pursuit taken Feb 11 and 12 in Toronto at the CIAS, the Canadian International Auto Show, taken by me, Rex Raider.

·
Registered
4,723 Posts
It looks really nice! Did they mention any prices? It looks quite competitive with the new Mazda3 and the Jetta on the "sporty" side of compact sedans.

If the car shown went for, say CDN$24,000, it would be worth a look, especially with GM's usually decent financing rates. I'm assuming the car here is pretty loaded - I see leather - and as tagged as a GT, I'm also assuming comes with the best of whatever will be offered mechanically. Hopefully, the 170 hp 2.4. At that equipment level, if it's less than my guess, they'll probably sell like hotcakes!

·
Registered
36 Posts
BIG-time improvement over the Sunfire. Rear seat headrests even; And what? A tasteful interior from PONTIAC?? Overall, a nice design. And I particularly LIKE the rear end.

·
Registered
36 Posts
BIG-time improvement over the Sunfire. Rear seat headrests even; And what? A tasteful interior from PONTIAC?? Overall, a nice design. And I particularly LIKE the rear end.

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just added 3 more pics I found in my camera.

Also, all these pics are 480x320. I took them all at 2048x1536.

If anyone wants any of my CIAS pictures in High-Res, please let me know. I will e-mail them out in private.

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Great shots, Rex - too bad we won't get it here... :(

Well, I guess one could always strip the grille and badges off of a Cobalt and replace them with Canadian Pontiac parts. :p

·
Registered
194 Posts
I really like this car, it is a big improvement over the Sunfire, slthough I prefer the exterior of the Cobalt , the interior is very tasteful and looks to be a leap better than the previous Sunfire. Can't wait to see it in person.

·
Registered
742 Posts
I'm betting GM won't release the Pursuit in the US becuase it will steal sales away from their precious Cobalt and they want to put Chevy over the 3 million units a year mark.

Sometimes I wonder about these executives.

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
Yeah there is no doubt this is better looking than the Cobalt. The Pontiac is more up-scale it, how much will this thing cost? How much will the Cobalt cost?

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I would guess that they will be slightly more than the Cavalier/Sunfire that they are replacing.

Then add $1000 to that number, so that they can then take $1000 off.

·
Registered
114 Posts
good work Rex...but i think Pontiac should put the rear lights on the upcoming G6 not the pursuit although its much much better than the sunfire...PLEASE PONTIAC SAVE YOURSELVES AND BUILD THE PURSUIT FOR US SOIL!!!!!!!!!!!DUMP THE SUNFIRE ITS OLD,AND DYING IN THE MY EYES AND ITS NOT GONNA BEAT THE FORD FOCUS IN SALES EVEN IF U GAVE PEOPLE $10,000 REBATES lol PLEASE TAKE IT OFF THE LINEUP BUILD THE PURSUIT!!

·
Banned
11,892 Posts
this is the sunfire replacment <_<

It has a good interior but I like the exterior of the sunfire :afro:

·
Registered
264 Posts
The Pursuit looks much more grown up than the Cobalt and I'm sure that this was the impression GM was going for. The rear end looks as if someone was tired and let his kid finish it but I've seen worse.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts