GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Nice work man. The Pursuit reminds me of the lines in the G6 concept, and of course the Opel Astra. Very do-able, I think.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Damn little red X's! :angry:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As for the red x's if you check back tomorrow they should be up. (Villagephotos...go figure). BTW I just realized the add a file option - very useful.

-E.S. Mail

·
Registered
396 Posts
those are sweet. how'd you make them? pencil drawings then scanned and coloured? done with photochop? B)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the good comments, but I would like more constructive criticism. As for how I do the coloring. I ought to really make up a walkthrough of sorts, though I feel stupid doing that as I am in no way an expert. Anyway, that's for the distant future. As for the questions at hand, I use art markers, and once I color the car, using anywhere from 15 - 25 different colors, but only 5 shades of blue for the body (yeah always blue so when I scan it generally is easier to edit the color - this may be a falacy but I believe in it nontheless). I use very thin pens for the lines (i.e. .2 mm line width from MICRON). Then I use somekind of editor, it changes from time to time as the trial periods keep wearing off I need to find new ones. But, that ought to answer some questions.

-E.S. Mail

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Originally posted by Simmsmail@Dec 5 2003, 08:39 PM
Thanks for the good comments, but I would like more constructive criticism.
The only "criticism" I have is that they would look 100 times better if you had better tools - you know like a $1000 dollar box of oils or whatever it is the official GM artists use to color their photos. I've tried coloring cars before, and it just never looks quite right or real.

Your Saab photo, however looks very well painted, but I like the lines and proportions of the Pursuit better -- speaking of which..perhaps that the interior of the Pursuit - the driver's seat in particular - isn't up to the quality of the rest of the drawing. I think you were trying to give the effect of not being able to see it clearly because of glass distortion, but I would use a full shade of color to darken it rather than have fuzzy or jagged lines. In fact, I would like to see a front windshield like the side windows - just black and reflective - I think it might work better.

Overall I think you did a great job though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts