GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some time now I've been working up a concept that would bring a thoroughly racing inspired design to the Pontiac family. From the day it popped into my head it has been called the Pontiac Phoenix. It has come to describe the idea that performance and power would return to the brand name in a truly graceful package. Some of the elements are works in progress. Others have been a staple of the Phoenix concept from day one. I know there will be things that many of you may not particularly like. I am open to constructive comments.

For those who are curious, I started with the Fuore BlackJag as a base model.
Oh, and the tag near the front states that this bad boy is powered by the LS2.

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
I like that a lot. The headlights being lower that the twin port grille actually works.

Of course, this car looks like it would make mincemeat out of the Corvette (or at least keep pace with it), and GM wouldn't want that to happen... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ming, when I first sketched the idea out a while back I was actually amazed at how the lights look when set below the grill too. I figured out a template that had all forms following and mirroring each other. I know I know, I thought it out way too much. Originally I had dual hood intakes, but I think this looks ok.

I agree with the Vette conflict. The Vette is a GM flagship, not just a Chevy one. But this takes it in a slightly different direction combining the Firebird and Vette into a potential racing monster which they could base a NCCA or GT car on for competition. And now I'm thinking it could've been a good entry for that Fiero contest. I want to do a version in red next. :D

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah... unfortunate isn't it? I just figured for a hot car that could really burn up the road the name Phoenix was a good choice. If you have any suggestions feel free to post them. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Well, if it was named the phoenix, it could be the reborn firebird, rising from the ashes, returning when the Camaro does. It's too bad, as Hunter said,
The Pontiac Phoenix was the Chevy Citation twin

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Maybe in going with the prowling look with the cats eye lamps... Tomcat?
Though a through researching a recent post in the Pontiac forum I think the "Torpedo 8" is a pretty slick name revival.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts