GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
The music is terrible, but that seems to be the most effort GM expended into Pontiac in the last two decades, sadly.

God, maybe it was because I was born in the mid 80s that I don't remember, but how did some of you older guys and gals on here handle driving anything from the 80s and early 90s. I swear to God some of the ugliest vehicles ever produced came from those eras.

·
Premium Member
15,292 Posts
The music is terrible, but that seems to be the most effort GM expended into Pontiac in the last two decades, sadly.

God, maybe it was because I was born in the mid 80s that I don't remember, but how did some of you older guys and gals on here handle driving anything from the 80s and early 90s. I swear to God some of the ugliest vehicles ever produced came from those eras.
Hey now. Those of us born earlier in the '80s will someday view these commercials and those cars with a certain bit of nostalgia. My mom had a 1988 Pontiac Bonneville SSE that we thought was the bees knees at the time.

·
Registered
11,215 Posts
I was just thinking, last night, that they need something like these for the G8:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybB2621WI5w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZeSMsafbjQ

Especially this one. This is the one that brought on the thoughts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edz4ZkyfFOU

But I'd like to see them do something with some smoke coming out of the twin nostril grille and of course have a Charger looking car in front of it at the light. :yup: :D

How come I couldn't get the [yt]xxx[/yt] coding to work to embed vids? I did it before.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Hey now. Those of us born earlier in the '80s will someday view these commercials and those cars with a certain bit of nostalgia. My mom had a 1988 Pontiac Bonneville SSE that we thought was the bees knees at the time.
Haha, I mean no disrespect. It's just hard for me to look at the 80s and early 90s and think that the fashion, music, and designs were even remotely "cool" compared to what we see now.

Were cars of the 80s, at the time, what we think of when we think of new cars, now?

·
Registered
1,426 Posts

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Haha, I mean no disrespect. It's just hard for me to look at the 80s and early 90s and think that the fashion, music, and designs were even remotely "cool" compared to what we see now.

Were cars of the 80s, at the time, what we think of when we think of new cars, now?
You're forgetting the basic principal when looking to the past; it doesn't know what the future entails.

You can't really compare what was popular 20 years ago, to that of today, for today is an evolution of yesterday. Just how in 20 years from now, people will look back to today, and think we were all tacky, and had bad taste in fashion, art, music, etc.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Well, Pontiac was selling way more cars back then so something was working. I had a 86' Grand AM that had much nicer carpet and seat fabric than you can find in todays cars. Pontiac has gone through a really rough period and I hope GM's new strategy works for the brand. I live in Michigan and have heard several people complaining about their RWD 300s, Magnums, and even Lexus LS with the hard winter we had. I hope in their quest to go RWD they keep AWD models in mind as well.

·
Registered
65 Posts
darndot;1358428 I like the new G8 Ads.[/quote said:
Yeah me too. Its my favorite to date. I like the game too, I guess that what gave me road rage today.:D

·
Registered
25 Posts
WOW ~ thanks for the memories! I think Pontiac could take that soundtrack as is and plug in a new G8, G6, Solstice, Vibe, etc. video and have a hit commercial today!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts