GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If all goes well I will be picking up a 2004 RWB Pontiac Montana Sport tomorrow.

Any owners out there?

The vehicle felt solid on our 2 test drives and although it's a bit dated, the incentives make it a steal of a deal.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
blkfire : That is exactly what we have in 2004 RWB form. Picked it up today (finally). We got power sliding door, traction control, full roof rack (with cross bars) and sport pkg. As far as a van goes, it's nice and since I do not like the 2005 Montana that is coming I figured I may as well buy now while selection is still good.

Hope all goes well with it. Our last 3 cars have all been GM and they have all been excellent.

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Originally posted by dindak@Mar 11 2004, 10:52 PM
Picked it up today (finally). We got power sliding door, traction control, full roof rack (with cross bars) and sport pkg.
Cool, I didn't even know it had a power sliding door.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Originally posted by Ming+Mar 11 2004, 11:16 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Ming @ Mar 11 2004, 11:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-dindak@Mar 11 2004, 10:52 PM
Picked it up today (finally). We got power sliding door, traction control, full roof rack (with cross bars) and sport pkg.
Cool, I didn't even know it had a power sliding door. [/b][/quote]
But of coarse it does, GM's vans arent that bad. Noticed in the pick that the front fascia has a pointed shape to it I have never noticed that, it looks good.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I have the Montanna from the first year so these complaints may no longer be valid.
The power sliding door constantly needs repair, the first time was warranty, then GMC lets me pay for.
The captains chairs are a bit uncomfortable.
The parts on the inside will break easily.
The headlights both had to be replaced because the headlights shell lost it's cover on both at different times.
The power windows both had to have the tracks replaced because the window fell into the doors at different times.

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Those colors look really nice. Normally I don't like the Montana's looks (or name), but yours looks good. Congrats.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
GM was actually one of the first makers of the power doors. Works great so far.

I think the "sport package" is a must if you want a sharp looking Montana. The blue and dark red with toupe look especially good. I will try and post a picture this weekend also. Mine is similar to "blkfire" but RWB and with cross bars on the roof.

I have not done a long trip but the seats seem pretty supportive to me. Not the best, but very good.

·
Registered
1 Posts
As an owner of 2002 Montana AWD with almost all options I am very disappointed, not half the van the AWD Town & Country I previously had. With 2 years on the Montana I've had 5 wheel bearing replacements, a heater control replacement, (it never really warms up in winter - a bad deal in Michigan), A.C. not hooked up or charged at factory when newly delivered, shrieks like a banshee in a high cross wind - something vibrates I guess, engine is under powered.

On the good side...rides very good on highway and does get good mileage.

On the flip side I really, really like my 2003 Vibe... My only wish is for the GT to have an automatic transmission option.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am the owner of a 1998 Pontiac Transport, basically it's the same van as a Montana, not a lot has changed. I don't have any problems with it except soemtimes the power doors don't work right, the van has been recalled about 3 or 4 times about it's power doors, but that is the only porbally I have ever had with it still working fine to this day. I will be trading it in for a SV6 when it comes out.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, we have had our Montana for about 3 months now and it's been flawless. No rattles and no issues at all. The power door works just fine also.

We have also finally got up to the advertised milage of around 27 mpg on the highway which is very impressive. So far we are very happy!

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Originally posted by dindak@Jun 8 2004, 05:32 PM
Well, we have had our Montana for about 3 months now and it's been flawless. No rattles and no issues at all. The power door works just fine also.

We have also finally got up to the advertised milage of around 27 mpg on the highway which is very impressive. So far we are very happy!
That's cool, dindak. I want a Montana SV6, but I'm considering getting one like yours used.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Originally posted by Ming+Mar 12 2004, 04:16 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Ming @ Mar 12 2004, 04:16 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-dindak@Mar 11 2004, 10:52 PM
Cool, I didn't even know it had a power sliding door. [/b][/quote]
GM minivans were the first on the market with a power sliding door in '94, I think.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Originally posted by MelvinJ+Sep 13 2004, 11:53 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MelvinJ @ Sep 13 2004, 11:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 12 2004, 04:16 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-dindak
@Mar 11 2004, 10:52 PM

Cool, I didn't even know it had a power sliding door.
GM minivans were the first on the market with a power sliding door in '94, I think. [/b][/quote]
They were the first and the first with a entertainment system.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts